Monday, April 12, 2021

Anti-psychiatry Website

Home Forums Organizing for Social Change Anti-psychiatry Website

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Lametamor
    Participant

Thank you Terri for a response. I have a problem – I do not know English. Forced to use autotranslator. Because of this, perhaps difficult to understand me. Sorry.
    Creating a suitable site, forum certainly worth it. But above all need solidarity! Participation each, mutual support. Only together possible to achieve something. Singles do not hear! Even if they say the most important and popular thing in the world. Solidarity, constant interaction – that’s what we have to gain in the first place.

CuriousTerri
    Participant

Lametamor, I completely agree. That seems to be happening here on this site to me. In addition, each of the “singles” need to be healed and strong, before uniting in solidarity. Have you heard the saying “A chain is only as strong as it’s weakest link”?

terri

CuriousTerri
    Participant

Oh okay, Laura. I will read that. The main thing is I need better understanding all around.

CuriousTerri
    Participant

hi terri,
    i wasn’t actually trying to make a point about the limitations of the word “antipsychiatry”, rather to just clarify that our group in boston is not an antipsychiatry group :). IMO, bonnie burstow’s posts on antipsychiatry here are MIA are incredibly elucidating and important about the antipsychiatry cause. if you haven’t read them yet i highly encourage you to check them out!

best,
    laura

You know I closed my laptop and tried to walk away. I did read a little of Barstow’s material on anti psychiatry, however that is not the point.

First you jump into the thread and “correct” me without even having the curtesy to copy the part of my post you needed to clarify. Therefore, since you have the administrator title it is seen as if I’ve been publicly scolded like a child.

Next, I take my time to find my post and do my best to see what you are saying. I apologize and even thank you.

Yet, all you can take the time to do is once again “correct” me. I have long ago stopped caring whether I’m right or wrong. (Learned would you rather be right or happy) You need to realize your bluntness is not necessary.

Did it even enter your head to say “Hey thanks for taking the time to apologize and see my point” or even the smallest of acknowledgment.

Please, stop and think before you simply “pop off” some key strokes. btw you did the same thing in the response regarding the BBCodes stuff.

Should you think I’m just “touchy” or “too sensitive”. Just remember I’ve been dealing with delusional people since the age of 5. Myself included. The truth always has a way of revealing itself.

Lametamor
    Participant

That is not a difficult one step in the solidarity that each of us should have made. Support this requirement: http://goo.gl/sMnJ6y

CuriousTerri
    Participant

Lametamor,

Can not sign petition at this time.

t

Lametamor
    Participant

Lametamor,

Can not sign petition at this time.

t

Yesterday I could not go to the forum. And the last page of topics could not be opened. I thought the page was removed and me closed access on forum.
    Sorry, I did not quite understand. At a certain time is not possible to sign? Or do sign off in general not perhaps?

Lametamor
    Participant

. Yes away from the forum for some reason the link does not open. You just have to copy and place it in the address bar. Just in case I placed will post it again http://goo.gl/sMnJ6y

Ted Chabasinski, JD
    Participant

Laura mentioned the articles about anti-psychiatry on Mad In America by Bonnie Burstow, and I agree that they are really good. I think they clarify just what anti-psychiatry means.

It has not been my own experience that when I use the term anti-psychiatry with regular people that they think it is weird or strange. The usual response is “what is that?” It is people like E.Fuller Torrey who try to make the term sound as if it is beyond the pale. Of course when we say we are opposed to psychiatry, the psychiatric profession doesn’t like it. I say, so what? We should not let people like Torrey and his colleagues define the acceptable terms of any discussion. The fact that people like Torrey and (former APA president) Jeffrey Lieberman don’t like the term anti-psychiatry is a good reason to use it, if you ask me.

Ted

CuriousTerri
    Participant

Hey Darcy,

Would like to pull you out of hiking. You had mention my doubts and questions causing you to feel discouraged at one point. A few posts later you sound completely the opposite with a comment like “I appreciate you enthusiasm, Terri, however we need to slow down”

Just would like to hear from you in no matter what fashion it is.

t

Darcy Peal
    Participant

Hi Terri I am unable to login on page 4 of this forum so I hope you still see this.

I have been extremely ill due to the psychotropic medications I am on. Plus the fact that my doctor knows NOTHING about tapering off of psyche meds.

I cannot think straight at all anymore. I don’t know what’s going to happen.

I will try to post occasionally if at all possible.

Darcy

CuriousTerri
    Participant

Hey Darcy,

Just realized my Freudian typo; “hiking” s/b “hiding” I’m a hiking nut, got it on my brain.

Any way, would you be comfortable emailing me at : [email protected]

My calling, if you will, is to go back to my original research of nutrition and mental health. That is how I weened myself off the medications. do not suggest my method by any means just I feel you in your struggles. I would love to keep in touch with you. You are easy to communicate.

terri

Lametamor
    Participant

Terry, Darcy’s why you took so long to appear in the forum? What happened? Terry, you could go to http://goo.gl/sMnJ6y?

CuriousTerri
    Participant

Lametamor,

I’m not sure I understand your question. Basically, I bowed out of this forum several posts ago. I realized I need to understand more of what this site does before going through all the effort to start a new website.

I also did not clarify why I could not sign the petition. It feels like putting kerosine on a fire to me right now. I do understand we must fight fire with fire, however it needs to be a “controlled” fire to stop the “wild” fire.

What is going on where you are and around the world is completely unacceptable. Truly, I do get that. Would you be so kind as to join the other forums here? We need you input and suggestions for change.

It feels like the idea of a new website is off the table for now.

t

Copy_cat
    Participant

V

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • The forum ‘Organizing for Social Change’ is closed to new topics and replies.