Sunday, May 16, 2021

Any luck with journalists?

Home Forums Community Any luck with journalists?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Julie Greene, MFA
    Participant

Has anyone tried to get a journalist to pick up your story? I have tried many times and they don’t seem interested. I am wondering if the “right” journalist who has tons of clout in a major paper will suddenly realize there’s a goldmine in the psych survivor community.

What does the mainstream think? That all we are saying about restraints, force, verbal and physical abuse, incarceration, all this resulting in terrible traumatic reaction is all nothing but a shared delusion?

myrtletran
    Participant

It is enough to post your story on Facebook nowadays and it will help ypu more than journalists

aumickmanuela
    Participant

well no, but my teachers pick up and post it in our local newspaper

FeelinDiscouraged
    Participant

[quote quote=144661]Has anyone tried to get a journalist to pick up your story? I have tried many times and they don’t seem interested. I am wondering if the “right” journalist who has tons of clout in a major paper will suddenly realize there’s a goldmine in the psych survivor community.

What does the mainstream think? That all we are saying about restraints, force, verbal and physical abuse, incarceration, all this resulting in terrible traumatic reaction is all nothing but a shared delusion?

[/quote]

Television will never take on psychiatry with all the ads for their drugs. Most people breaking into journalism write rants about how nobody cares about all the “mentally ill” murdering the innocent. Not hate speech. She just wants to help us with imprisonment and torture to prevent us from crimes we MIGHT commit in the future and she does this by demonizing us in her “scientific” article. 😛

FeelinDiscouraged
    Participant

My sister in law claims I’m delusional or lying every time I say something negative about workers. Often she bursts into tears and locks herself in her room since her feelings are hurt. She says that the people she counseled were always making false complaints about her. Yep. Certified nut jobs must be picking on their saintly normal therapist who can do no wrong. She got diagnosed with “depression” and put on SSRIs. Ironically, after preaching “an illness like any other,” and “no shame in a psychiatric diagnosis or needing medicine for it,” she kept it a secret from everyone. But our family whispered. Even in my pro-psych days her inconsistent attitude seemed ironic.

I would pity her, but after all I am just a lowly “Bipolar” who can do no right, with neither conscience nor empathy. Not an irreproachable goddess like a “normal” psychotherapist. 😀

Linda Chaney
    Participant

I think, that you need your own blog to share your stories with everyone.

Julie Greene, MFA
    Participant

I have had my own blog for the past 18 years which you are welcome to check out:
    http://juliemadblogger.com

I am a professional writer. I earned my MFA in Creative Writing in 2009 from Goddard College even though my doctors tried to stop me from getting my degree. After that my doctors tried to drug me so that I would not be able to write.

I blog quite frequently and I have been a prolific writer. I speak out about issues that are meaningful to me, especially human rights, and have written extensively about my own experiences.

I’ve never been able to get a major paper interested, though certainly attorneys and human rights activists have landed on my pages.

I have put more cumulative effort into my blog over the years than anything else.

Julie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Community’ is closed to new topics and replies.