Friday, November 22, 2019

Defining Anti-Psychiatry

Home Forums Organizing for Social Change Defining Anti-Psychiatry

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 450 total)
  • Author
    Nomadic
    Participant

Okay, well Piven and Cloward changed that, no begging handout from gov’t, simply demanding what they were legally entitled to and never settling for anything less.

But other types of demands might be protection from disinheritance. Demand legislatively and judicially.

Demand extension to SOLs for all forms of child abuse and exploitation.

Then set up industries, communal living, alternative educational systems, and demand money from the government. When I say demand, make an allegation and then tell they that they are expected to pay. Never saying please or thank you, and going almost all the way to saying “or else”.

I do feel that the mental health system and the money which runs it and the money which can be paid out are used to keep people compliant. So it works just like welfare money.

This is why people who should know the importance of this don’t reject the labels.

Yes we have an insane economic system. THe problem is not self-reliance, it is the Self-Reliance Ethic, as this gives parents the right to abuse their children, and psychotherapists the right to help them perform this abuse.

So enough:

1. Lets find a psychotherapist we can put out of business.
    2. Lets find an adult child who is fighting disinheritance that we can help, by going into the court room.
    3. Lets find someone who is trying to build a school or commune who we can help by bullying money out of the government.
    4. Lets get some child v parents abuse law suits going and help make sure the child wins!

Nomadic

Frank Blankenship
    Participant

If we’re going to be coming up with priorities, I’ve got a different set of priorities. How about these?

1. Stop governmental corruption it its tracks. I’m exhausted with dealing with government by, for, and of the rich. Rich people don’t represent me.

2. Let’s end forced psychiatry, and
    a. in so doing, put all these institutional tyrants out of business
    b. while, at the same time, ending prejudicial mistreatment and discriminatory practices.

3. Fight a system of deception and harmful practices.

4. Defy the leaden seriousness of the tyrants with levitating parody and satire.

5. Change the world through the practice of revolutionary love.

I think there is always a danger of becoming as bad as your adversaries that must be at all times resisted.

Nomadic
    Participant

1. Ending gov’t corruption is a very tall order. I know people who manipulate public policy and public funds to extend real estate bubbles because they have convinced themselves that their actions and their own profits are in the public good.

2. Ending forced psychiatry is impossible unless voluntary psychotherapy is completely discredited. Most people see coerced psychiatry as a positive virtue.

3. Deception is protected as Free Speech, and generally harmful practices are too.

4. Parody and satire are great. Thank you SNL!

5. Revolutionary Love devolves into Live and Let Live, and that is a denial system, and the reason so much injustice goes unchecked. To be able to love you have to be life affirming instead of life denying. You have to restore your ability to act aggressively, even lethally.

That you might become as bad as your adversaries is indeed possible. You might even say it is probable, but we still must go there. The story of Horus and Seth is based on this. Eventually Horus releases Seth, but only after he has him completely subdued and is completely ready to kill him. It is a fine line, and so we all must wrestle with it in situation after situation.

In the Parceval Stories, our protagonist tears the helmets off of vanquished foes off, as he moves to saw their heads off with a knife. Some submit, and so because they have acted honorably, he sends them to King Arthur. But with the Red Knight it is different. Parceval, unarmored, unarmed, and untrained, confronts him and orders him to surrender. That was to be his only warning. The next time Parceval approaches the Red Knight, he puts a javelin through is forehead.

Freud saw mobilization for WWI and decided that human nature was the problem, not political injustice. Psychotherapy is based on the premise that your own anger and aggression are the problem, not societal injustices like child abuse and economic unfairness.

You show me someone who is striking back aggressively, and I’ll run over and ask if I can help carry his supplies for him.

So I guess we have to agree to disagree. 🙂

Lets put some psychotherapists out of business, and lets separate some parents from their money, while locking some others into prison. Lets also force some government administrators to dissociate from Recovery Movement Programs, and lets get some big settlements against gov’t run mental health programs. And lets organize poor people and people with psychiatric and developmental disorder histories into a self-protective military like force, what Deleuze and Guattari call a “Nomadic War Machine”.

Nomadic

The French Resistance
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rih3EYj-pYY&nohtml5=False

Frank Blankenship
    Participant

Ending forced psychiatry is impossible unless voluntary psychotherapy is completely discredited. Most people see coerced psychiatry as a positive virtue.

Forced psychiatry doesn’t have very much to do with psychotherapy at all. If most people see forced psychiatry as a positive virtue, I suggest they try it on for a fit sometime.

Forced psychiatry deprives people of freedom. It imprisons them, and drugs them against their will and wishes. The reason for these violations of human rights is that certain members of society see mental health treatment as a form of violence prevention. Others are happy to have this form of scapegoating take the pressure off themselves (politicians for example). For others, it provides a convenient bin, the loony bin, in which to dump their unwanted relatives.

Forced treatment legitimizes human rights violations, until the matter of force is dealt with, you are going to have such violations of rights. What is a crime in other places is treatment in a mental health facility because of mental health law, the law around law.

If you’re going to do anything real about prejudice and discrimination (so-called “stigma”), you have to start with forced treatment. Forced treatment is the thing that legitimizes prejudice and discrimination. You have, to begin with, a law that would treat this group of people, those people whom a psychiatrist says, differently from the rest of population. Doing so is a matter of creating two laws, like one law for the rich and another for the poor, only here it is one law for people claimed to be “mentally healthy” and another law for people “suffering” from alleged “mind sickness”. Two laws mean unequal justice, or rather injustice, as according to the law everybody is equal under the law. Where everybody isn’t treated equal under the law, you have injustice.

Deception is protected as Free Speech, and generally harmful practices are too.

Harmful practices are prosecuted as intentional injury, homicide, and attempted murder. Medical malpractice, too, as medicine is supposed to be about healing injury and curing illness (i.e. restoring people to health).

Free speech, when it is a matter of fraudulent advertising, can be prosecuted, too. Extorting money from people by means of fraud is a crime.

Revolutionary Love devolves into Live and Let Live, and that is a denial system, and the reason so much injustice goes unchecked. To be able to love you have to be life affirming instead of life denying. You have to restore your ability to act aggressively, even lethally.

Revolutionary love is life affirming. It is not about showing oneself to be an arrogant callous bastard, General Nomadic MacArthur aside. Okay, yeah, maybe we will have to put our revolutionary love aside until we effectively get the edge over all the tyrants in the psycho-technologies field, and their social control devices, but establishing our own forms of engaging in action is a way of doing just that. On the other hand, a part of our revolutionary love involves engaging in guerrilla theatrical acts against the psychiatric tyranny and the corporate imperialists behind it. There are other ways of doing things, we need to get that message across loud and clear.

Nomadic
    Participant

Well so if we are going to start taking actions, then we do need to come to some sorts of agreements as to where the critical lines are.

“Forced psychiatry deprives people of freedom. It imprisons them, and drugs them against their will and wishes. ”

Agreed, so we should waste no time in striking blows against it. One problem is though that some people believe that mental illness is real, and that forced psychiatry is necessary. We must forcefully reject this.

But while forced psychiatry takes away freedom, voluntary psychotherapy is where people give away their souls, they confess their secrets to people who have no interest whatsoever in helping them to obtain justice. So while forced psychiatry takes away freedom, voluntary psychotherapy is where people give away their chances of obtaining justice, and hence place their freedom at risk.

And then children are sent to this voluntary psychotherapy because familial dynamics become unlivable. Sometimes these children have had nervous breakdowns and been taken out of school, or are on the verge of this. So the voluntary psychotherapist is brought in to regulate the child, and make it so the child is the source of the problem. The parents’ marriage and the family operate at the expense of the child.

But okay, forced psychiatry is worse, so where should we start? With forced psychiatry being as horrible as it is, I don’t see any moral limit lines which must be observed. We should just do whatever will work.

Do you have contact with people currently being subjected to forced psychiatry? I do not. I think this is part of the problem. But also, forced psychiatry is usually done at public expense. So maybe this is the place to strike, force administrators to admit to it and hold them and elected office holders accountable.

I draw both inspiration from Mind Freedom, and I take exception to it. The inspiration is because they are acting and have at least vocalized a willingness to engage in non-violent civil disobedience. The exception is because they are still endorsing and legitimating some sorts of psychiatry / psychotherapy. There is no reason for them to be offering this endorsement, and I feel that it does discredit them. All it does is feed the idea that psychotherapy is legitimate, and hence probably sometimes necessary. Its like the Mind Freedom people are still seeking approval from therapists and the Recovery Movement.

About stigma, still not sure what exactly you mean. Someone who has been in forced treatment does have a stigma, but they also are a legitimate survivor of abuse.

Someone who has been in voluntary treatment still caries a stigma. Odds are that they still believe in therapy, and maybe even in psychiatric medication. So there is a stigma, but in my book there is a more serious issue. They are someone who it would be futile to ever try to work with, because they believe in the premises of psychotherapy.

Someone who has fought back against involuntary and voluntary forms of psychiatry and psychotherapy has gone a long way towards cleansing themselves of any stigma or associational problem.

The problem with treating abuses of psychiatry and psychotherapy as medical malpractice are simply that this requires standards and licensing. So this approach legitimates them, and also legitimates the supposed ailments it is targeted at. And it is always extremely difficult to get doctors to testify against each other.

Saying that psychiatry is harmful and abusive, yes, I go along with that completely.

Proving that there is fraudulent advertising at work would be very hard. Usually Psychotherapy is offered as “peace”, “feeling better”, “freedom from distress”. It is basically a drug. It eats your soul because it turns all the responsibility back on you, but people still go for it. Very hard to prove false advertising.

Now when it comes to children, I would say that psychotherapy should always be considered involuntary and a cover-up for abuse.

If one has been convinced that inaction if morally superior to action, then they are no longer capable of love. All they can offer is entrapment in their world of co-dependent neuroticism.

You and I go back and forth posting here, and more children are being driven by their middle-class parents to therapists because using the child in that way is what keeps the parents’ marriage together. And more adults are being convinced that they have something wrong with them and that they need open ended therapy and medication because this is how our society denies child abuse.

There is nothing whatsoever callous or arrogant in standing up to this and in finding ways to interdict it, theatrical or otherwise. Unless we can do this, then we all are just engaging in another form of Online Recovery.

1. Going after parents via lawsuits and challenges to disinheritance.
    2. Going after psychiatrists and psychotherapists by any means available, but targeting the worst which is the forced and that done to children.
    3. Going after Capitalism, by blocking neo-liberal governmental policies, and by Poor People’s Movements, Piven and Cloward being the high water mark.

Psychotherapists use basically the same script on everyone. So if we can collect affidavits, this will not per se prove criminality, but this will go a long way towards discrediting psychotherapy. The psychotherapist is much like the police department that is trying to talk you down, keeping you locked in an interrogation room while they question you over and over again, getting you to disclose your intentions. The psychotherapist is a form of social control. People intending direct action do not discuss what they intend with their psychotherapists. People see psychotherapists because they are all ready so broken down that they have given up.

I got involved in the case of a man who was molesting his daughters with the blessing of his entire Pentecostal church. I did this because the opportunity was handed to me. Either I jumped in or I was ignoring the Burning Bush. I am very pleased with the results. He got a long sentence and a cadre of police, prosecutors, judges, and journalists, as well as myself, got an education.

If there are any child v parent lawsuits I would like to be involved, including challenges to disinheritance. I would like to get involved in any medical, psychiatric, or developmental disorder Munchausen’s cases. I would like to be involved in any campaigns to close down forced psychotherapy and especially these aversives ( physical or psychological ) based autism clinics. I am supportive of poor people’s movements, like Occupy and any kind of Welfare Rights Movements.

http://juliegregorysickened.com/

36:17
    “It’s such a hero’s journey to hold accountable the people who harmed you.”

<iframe width=”640″ height=”480″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/xAAUQjrxECg?rel=0&#8243; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

There were lots of things which made my childhood difficult, and something which made it better. But one thing which was sorely needed was someone who would say, your parents are wrong, and they are either going to change course or they will be very sorry. Nothing like this ever happened.

Nomadic, a simple man who wants to strike back. We who strike back will be Victorious. Those who don’t strike back are still Victims who have taken to calling themselves Survivors.

Nomadic
    Participant

36:17
    “It’s such a hero’s journey to hold accountable the people who harmed you.”
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/xAAUQjrxECg?rel=0

Nomadic

Frank Blankenship
    Participant

But while forced psychiatry takes away freedom, voluntary psychotherapy is where people give away their souls, they confess their secrets to people who have no interest whatsoever in helping them to obtain justice. So while forced psychiatry takes away freedom, voluntary psychotherapy is where people give away their chances of obtaining justice, and hence place their freedom at risk.

It’s important to remember that much voluntary treatment is not always completely voluntary. “Voluntary” status is a plea bargain in commitment hearings. As far as psychotherapy freely, barring payment, entered into goes…Fools will be fools. There is that bill of goods, or rather “ills”, from the “mental illness” industry. Visiting a psychotherapist because one is lonely is sad. Visiting a psychotherapist because one wants insight is practically redundant. If you’re looking for insight, as well, it helps to have friends.

One definition of “mental health”: Not paying a visit to the psychotherapist.

And then children are sent to this voluntary psychotherapy because familial dynamics become unlivable. Sometimes these children have had nervous breakdowns and been taken out of school, or are on the verge of this. So the voluntary psychotherapist is brought in to regulate the child, and make it so the child is the source of the problem. The parents’ marriage and the family operate at the expense of the child.

Labeling and drugging children is a phenomenon that was once practically unheard of, and so it should become again. Labeling and drugging children is a particularly pernicious form of the “sins of the parents being visited on the children” (i.e. child abuse). Children, as a rule, are completely innocent of bad child rearing practices. Having said that, you have to give them as much credit as possible when it comes to their own parent rearing capacity.

I draw both inspiration from Mind Freedom, and I take exception to it. The inspiration is because they are acting and have at least vocalized a willingness to engage in non-violent civil disobedience. The exception is because they are still endorsing and legitimating some sorts of psychiatry / psychotherapy. There is no reason for them to be offering this endorsement, and I feel that it does discredit them. All it does is feed the idea that psychotherapy is legitimate, and hence probably sometimes necessary. Its like the Mind Freedom people are still seeking approval from therapists and the Recovery Movement.

MindFreedom is not an anti-psychiatry organization, but it’s about the best thing going when it comes to opposing the damage inflicted by the psychiatric establishment. If you’re going to oppose electro-shock, or forced psychiatry in general, and the harm it wreaks, you’re going to have a hard time doing so without a community such as that provided by MindFreedom International. If we’ve got differences, we’ve also got interests in common. MindFreedom is where these interests converge.

About stigma, still not sure what exactly you mean. Someone who has been in forced treatment does have a stigma, but they also are a legitimate survivor of abuse.

Some people use the word “stigma”, which is kind of like saying, “I’ve been marked by the devil”, or “I bear the mark of Cain”, or “I bear the stigmata for the honor of personal martyrdom in following the path of Jesus”. I prefer to speak about prejudice and discrimination. I think that is what a person usually means when speaking about “stigma”. I think, and we have the civil rights movement to demonstrate it, that you can change people’s ‘hearts and minds’ by changing the law a lot easier than you can by changing your rhetoric. The problem is built into the law, and so, you’re not going to change those ‘hearts and minds’ without, at the same time, changing the way they are expressed in the legal system.

You and I go back and forth posting here, and more children are being driven by their middle-class parents to therapists because using the child in that way is what keeps the parents’ marriage together. And more adults are being convinced that they have something wrong with them and that they need open ended therapy and medication because this is how our society denies child abuse.

You know if you were an American Indian, in the old days, once you turn 12 or so, you take off on your vision quest. It’s a matter of becoming a brave and fighting with the warriors. If a person wasn’t into being a brave…Well, I’m not going there. Anyway, in general, childhood ends around 18, or at least legal adulthood is reached when one turns 21. Child abuse happens, but I imagine the hope is still that you can get some tough adults out it. Peter Pan is a fairy tale.

I completely agree about the importance of maintaining an aggressive activist stance. The oppressors will give up nothing without a fight. We know this, and we persevere.

When we are struck, as we have been, we must fight back, yes. Patience is always overrated when it is patience with a wasteful and consuming absurdity.

Nomadic
    Participant

Yes, childhood is going on too long. This may be what we are seeing, people are being denied an adulthood, by psychotherapy and by familial child abuse.

Anyway, I say we start going after parents by holding the responsible, going after therapists by closing some down, and going after Capitalism be insisting on a comprehensive economic support package.

Difference will be worked out as we all learn more while acting.

I want to take out this Koegel Center, but I am not near it. Also it would depend upon affidavits, and most of the victims are juveniles.

I want to go after parents, but it takes volunteers ready to act, and having the help from some activist attorneys would be good.

I want to go after Capitalism, and this means against the premise that people without money or jobs are bad.

Have you acted with Mind Freedon? How far do they go?

Know of any child v parent lawsuits, or actions against therapists?

Nomadic

Nomadic
    Participant
    Frank Blankenship
    Participant

Nomadic, it’s a long struggle, and an uphill one at that. Sometimes you can’t save everybody, and you have to work on your own personal salvation (& I’m not talking about any biblical salvation).

I say we go after forced psychiatry, and then work on changing other matters. As I pointed out, all the prejudice and discrimination we face stems from the fact that there are two laws, one for people snagged by the mental health system, and another for people who have not been so snagged. The constitution itself is not so discriminatory.

There are right wingers and left wingers against psychiatry, and I see every reason to use this mutual interest to our mutual advantage. Fighting capitalism is another page, in another chapter.

You’ve seen Lauren Tenney’s posts about opposing this move to re-classify shock devices “safe”. MindFreedom has taken a stand against electro-shock, and MindFreedom members are apart of this campaign to keep the FDA from re-classifying shock as “safe”.

I’m not a lawyer, and I think there are limits at the moment to what you can do with an attorney. The problems here stems from the fact that it’s not medical science that has people in the mental health system hamstrung. It’s the law. “Mental health treatment” is so different from real medicine that it’s staggering, but it wouldn’t be what it is without a lot of help from law enforcement. Insanity is a legal term, not a medical one, and that is because people are afraid of madness and mad folk. You’re dealing, in a sense, with public representatives who are getting people out of the picture because the mass of society demands it. This leaves us with a heck of a large number of ‘hearts and minds’ that need changing. It’s daunting, but given the circumstance, what else is to be done? You shouldn’t tackle too much at one time, but not doing anything is synonymous with a drug effect/symptom of “disease”.

Nomadic
    Participant

Frank, good to hear from you. I hope your getting my message that my posts are vanishing, and so I’m putting them here:
    http://freedomtoexpress.freeforums.org/fighting-against-pscyhotherapy-t209.html

I will continue to do this.

“you have to work on your own personal salvation ”

But do you get it, that’s the con, that you need some sort of healing, therapy, recovery. No they aren’t saying Biblical Salvation, but it works the same way. And then the idea that it happens alone, and inside your own head, instead of in our broader society. I mean people need to be out connecting and vocalizing and acting, but instead they are working on what they presume to be wrong within themselves.

Yes, lets go after forced psychiatry, because we can win there and because it is so horrid. But I still say hold to the position that all psychotherapy is just self abuse and exploitation, and that it does nothing good.

As for the two sets of laws, well delicense all of it. But still, someone who has their head in strange places and is doing mood altering chemicals still has to be looked at differently than someone who is clean and fighting back.

Yes, we want to use all mutual interests to our advantage.

No, I don’t know about Lauren Tenney. But no, we don’t want shock devices classified as safe. But I also say that safe or not, what is being done is still horribly wrong, and all the more so when done to children. Telling a child, “You have a neurological difference and your behaviors are social unacceptable, but if you cooperate with us here at the clinic and cooperate with your parents, then we can fix you.” is completely wrong!! Doesn’t need to have shocks or chemicals to be wrong.

But yes, we want to attack where we can win, but still keep the bar against abuse and denigration as low as possible.

What you can do with an attorney is sue abusive parents and therapists, and also open the envelope on blocking disinheritance. What Tanya Helfand tried to do in New Jersey was a version of this.

I think we should delicense all forms of psychotherapy because they are non-sense. But as it is a free country, they can still operate, just with zero government cover.

Going after Capitalism is how you get a social safety net without accepting disability or indigence labels.

Capitalism is what keeps people isolated, it is what underlies social Darwinist and eugenics arguments. Capitalism is what makes The Family go and that means the exploitation of children in order to give the parents identity.

Anyway, so as this seems to be where your interest lies, got an forced psychiatry situation where you want to attack? Do you see the Koegel Autism center and their Pivotal Response Therapy, done on children, as such a case?

Got some other cases? Got more info? Got people we can team up with.

This is a bit outside what we are talking about, but Satanic Temple is protecting children from corporal punishment. Right now it is just in schools, but it could come for at home too.

Video:
    http://thesatanictemple.com/campaigns/the-protect-children-project/

Letter:
    http://thesatanictemple.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/letter_to_school_board.pdf

No pity seeking in this sort of a letter. Just like what an attorney would write, but under the child’s signature.

So lets find a target and start acting, and trying to rally people to the cause.

Nomadic

Nomadic
    Participant

Post backup:

We could make a group and suggest that kids sign a religious objection to psychotherapy, psychiatry, and to aversives, medications, and all behavioral autism therapy, and the letter threatens a lawsuit against anyone who violates this.

I don’t go along with this idea that religion puts one above the law. I think it is wrong.

http://www.amazon.com/God-vs-Gavel-Extreme-Religious/dp/110745655X/ref=sr_1_1/177-0101343-1669365?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460592044&sr=1-1&keywords=marci+hamilton

But never the less, what Satanic Temple is trying to do is be the poison pill in the church state debates. We could do the same thing, but with psychiatry, psychotherapy, meds, aversives, and behavioral analysis, and especially when applied to children in a less than completely voluntary manner.

I look at this and I say that these doctors should be lined up against a wall and shot:
    http://webspecial.mercurynews.com/druggedkids/

Nomadic

Nomadic
    Participant

Post backup:

Notice also how the Satanic Temple project is primarily directed at schools. But it also is usually going to drive a wedge between parent and child. Sometimes the problem is that the parent has signed a corporal punishment consent form. And so the child is standing opposed to this.

Also, the entire idea of a Satanic Temple would send most parents ballistic. So this child v parent wedge can be the door, to all manner of legal reform and redress.

And then with Autism clinic, usually it is the parent driving the child to the clinics, mostly because they hate that child’s guts.
    This is a freaky and gut wrenching book. I think this Jayne Lytel should be in prison, at a very minimum.
    http://www.amazon.com/Act-Early-Against-Autism-Fighting/dp/039953394X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460592585&sr=1-1&keywords=jayne+lytel

So anyway, getting kids to sign anti-autism treatment tough sounding letters, could make a huge difference. But we do need to have a lawyer in the loop on this.

Nomadic

Frank Blankenship
    Participant

But do you get it, that’s the con, that you need some sort of healing, therapy, recovery. No they aren’t saying Biblical Salvation, but it works the same way. And then the idea that it happens alone, and inside your own head, instead of in our broader society. I mean people need to be out connecting and vocalizing and acting, but instead they are working on what they presume to be wrong within themselves.

I’m not sure you got what I saying, Nomadic. I wasn’t trying to suggest anybody needed therapy. I was saying that for one’s peace of mind one might want to distance oneself from what is going on in the mental health system. Entering the system is certainly not the way to maintain a safe distance from it.

Going after Capitalism is how you get a social safety net without accepting disability or indigence labels.

Capitalism is what keeps people isolated, it is what underlies social Darwinist and eugenics arguments. Capitalism is what makes The Family go and that means the exploitation of children in order to give the parents identity.

I think we need to fight the oligarchy that corporate imperialism has fashioned. The 60 billion dollar market-value man is a joke in the poorest of possible taste, and very dishonest to boot. I’m disgusted with the use of the lottery to give people the impression that success is a matter of winning money that would be better served elsewhere. How many “losers” did it take to make the 60 billion dollar man? Right there, you have an entire nation, in terms of numbers, that must have something better they could be doing with their lives. I don’t think playing the lottery equals something better.

Nomadic
    Participant

Yes, peace of mind, that is the con. Don’t look at what is wrong and at what is impacting your life and your opportunities right to this very second. Instead seek peace of mind, otherwise known as nirvana.

And if that doesn’t work for you, then to back it up we have medication, or just good old fashioned street drugs and alcohol.

We see the light when we reject the above and see that peace of mind is like non-violence, it is making tune out morally superior to engagement, so that everyone stays subjugated.

Don’t know about any 60 million dollar man, but I also oppose all gambling and continue to vote against it, especially that which is gov’t sanctioned.

Talks about state lotteries as evidence that the American Dream is over:
    http://www.amazon.com/European-Dream-Europes-Eclipsing-American-ebook/dp/B001ODO5WG/ref=la_B000APENQ2_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460758653&sr=1-7

Yes, fight against the oligarchy and corporate imperialism. But why do so many people support it, support neo-liberalism? Because they have been broken by their parents in the name of the self-reliance ethic and so they believe that they need to prove their legitimacy. They have been made to accept something very much like Original Sin.

So to fight this at a more direct and personal level, need to fight the middle-class family and its enforcement wing known as psychotherapy / psychiatry.

Set the abuse tolerance bar very low. But still go after the worst abusers so that we will have the best chances of winning showy victories and gaining bragging rights.

Nomadic

hope everyone got a chance to read some of my posts which would not go up:

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 450 total)
  • The forum ‘Organizing for Social Change’ is closed to new topics and replies.