Sunday, September 27, 2020

Emergency Support: Ecuador?

Home Forums Community Emergency Support: Ecuador?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    lily.c
    Participant

Hi,
    I am talking to someone who says he’s being forced to take Haldol and is considering getting psychosurgery so he won’t be force-drugged anymore. I’m really scared for him. He’s an adult, no court order, no legal mandate – just, his father makes him take it and the security guards won’t let him leave if he refuses. I don’t totally understand the situation, but I wanted to reach out here, if anyone else can talk to him and might be able to help… He speaks english and all, so no language barrier.
    Thank you all.
    -Lily

Julie Greene, MFA
    Participant

I am from USA located in Uruguay but my Spanish isn’t too good yet. I do have ability to use the phone and email. I have seen family situations like this back in the states and if it happens here, it’s not something I hear about. My email is [email protected]. I don’t know too much about Ecuador. My guess is that he would have to go through some kind of family court to get away from his family. Or just escape.

Julie

lily.c
    Participant

Thank you, Julie.

We’ve gotten permission to share the details of the situation:
    http://salchristina.tumblr.com/post/126711031862/stop-the-medical-torture-of-fernando-santos

We are asking people to please call AND email Dr. Pedro Perez Arteta to ask him to stop the Haldol injections, and drop the plans for psychosurgery.

Here is the profile page for Dr. Perez: https://tinyurl.com/qahjysc

Email: [email protected]

Phone number: 011593992715180
    (This is an international calling code for calling from the U.S. If you are in another country, the code might be different. I know, international calling might have extra fees, but PLEASE, PLEASE, call if you can, it makes so much more difference than email alone.)

If this doesn’t work, definitely it would help to look at other options, like fundraising to help Fernando relocate.

Julie Greene, MFA
    Participant

i think it would be most effective if we gathered up publicity and then, picked a specific date that we would flood their offices with calls. This would need to be soon, clearly. But from what I recall, I was involved in an issue to do with labor relations at a college I attended. We students and grads decided that if we picked a specific date and told everyone to call by X time (I believe 4:30 PM local time) that day, then more would remember and make the call. Otherwise, people were more likely to forget entirely or put it off. So all the calls came in as a huge storm of phone calls that the administrators had to fend off to secretaries, there were so many! I made the call early on, maybe a half hour into it, and already I knew by the way the person was taking notes on what I was saying, that so many had already said it. The more we kept calling, the more, by the end of the day, the college had to reconsider. That I know of, a few minutes of international call won’t cost that much depending on what a person uses as phone service. I notice the site is in English. I would assume that if we call, we may need to address the person who takes the call in Spanish. Or is English more widely known in Ecuador than I might assume? Here in Uruguay most everyone only knows a few English words and cannot speak nor understand it very much. I am often touched when a person apologizes profusely for not knowing better English, when truthfully, I feel it’s my job to learn Spanish faster than I am. It is heartbreaking to read of Fernando’s ordeal. It is psychoslavery for the sake of satisfying someone else’s need for power and control. Forced “care” has nothing to do with health or wellness just as forced “sex” isn’t sex at all and has nothing to do with romantic love. I hope this analogy doesn’t offend anyone. Just sayin’. Force is not humane. I will share this. Are you the person organizing, or do you know this person?

lily.c
    Participant

That’s a great story about your school, Julie… I think the analogy is fair, too. Glad to be talking to you in Uruguay, I’m up here in the states, glad we have this little international community.

I’ve been talking to Fernando through email and private message. I have some good news: The alternative to Haldol that the doctors are considering, is not actually surgery but Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, significantly less dangerous. (I had TMS done on me once, I don’t think it did anything…) Of course there’s still the issue of consent, but Fernando’s asking that we just focus on getting the haldol-drugging stopped for now.

Dr. Perez speaks English and Spanish, but the receptionists who answer the phones at the hospital just speak Spanish.

Here’s an updated post on the situation:
    http://salchristina.tumblr.com/post/126924690367/update-on-human-rights-alert-fernando-santos

abused
    Participant

hi thanks a lot . Dr Pedro Perez has an office in texas too.
    Dr. Pedro M. Perez, MD  
    Médico
    1755 N Collins Blvd #525, Richardson, TX 75080, Estados Unidos
    Teléfono:(214) 369-5522
    He has nothing to do with the transcraneal stimulation. He just gives my father the prescriptions for the medication. Part of the year he is in ecuador ,part of the year he is in texas, He knows my father since their youth . He was classmate of my uncle.
    abused

abused
    Participant

thanks a lot to lily.c. she is a very humane, compassionate and good person.

lily.c
    Participant

Hey – I wanted to give everyone an update, and congratulate Fernando (@abused) for making it to a new living situation, and now being free from his family’s harassment, and drug-free for months!
    Thanks so much to Julie Greene (@juliemadblogger) and everyone else who reached out!
    One love.

http://salchristina.tumblr.com/post/136132991497/congratulations-fernando-fernando-santos

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by lily.c.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by lily.c.
    uprising
    Participant

Yay, that’s great! 🙂

abused
    Participant

thanks uprising and lily c. i am living alone , working and mantaning myself. i have not had the depot injection since september 15.2015 bur there is always the danger that my father wants to continue injrcting me by force.He always wants to take my decisions and is a disturbed fanatic of psychiatry and always wants to sabotage my life with psych drugs. i am very grateful for your concern and interest.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Community’ is closed to new topics and replies.