Friday, October 30, 2020

Gravatar

Home Forums Feedback Gravatar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    boans
    Participant

Hi folk,

I was wondering about this Gravatar thing. It says on their site that the avatar follows you from site to site. Does that have to happen? Or can I just have a little pic for me here? I guess my question is how versatile is Gravatar?

I’m also concerned that if I say anything to a psychiatrist about a little pic following me on the internet …… lol Just kidding.

humanbeing
    Participant

HAH You’re funny this morning, boans…

uprising
    Participant

I was wondering about this Gravatar thing. It says on their site that the avatar follows you from site to site. Does that have to happen? Or can I just have a little pic for me here? I guess my question is how versatile is Gravatar?

I think it follows you in the sense that it will load your avatar image on any website on which you’ve used the same email address that you’ve given to Gravatar. I don’t like the idea of anything following me around, so I create single use email accounts. That way I can still have a pic without being followed.

boans
    Participant

Ah okay. Thanks uprising. I’ll think this through because I like getting the comments in my main email account. It’s the best way for me.

I guess that as MIA grows they will probably look to setting up systems like Discus and having avatars included in the user accounts. My ‘anonimity’ isn’t vital to me but for now I’d like to keep a low profile till any legal action over matters is dealt with.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.