Sunday, February 23, 2020

If Abusive Psychiatry were the Lifeboat Rescue Service (cartoon)

Home Forums Organizing for Social Change If Abusive Psychiatry were the Lifeboat Rescue Service (cartoon)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Z Freeman
    Participant

I have been working on that for the last few days. It’s now finished ! Other sizes and media types are on my site.

Just a bit of background as to what inspired me. I have long been aware of a lack of common sense comparisons to what abusive psychiatry gets up to. I already made a comparison to the airline industry regulation, regulation that is lacking or non-existent in the psychiatric industry. Then I started reading Whitaker’s book Anatomy of an Epidemic. I’d put this off for a long time as I knew I would find it hard going simply because anything that so precisely proves that scandal here can make me angry. I also live in an area where there is a local Lifeboat Station. I have been interested in the work of Life Guards on the beach here in the summer. So I started thinking, why not get fundamental about this ? Why do we teach children to cross the road ? Why do people put their life’s in danger to rescue swimmers in distress or a ship going down in a storm ? I think everyone knows the answer to that one, but the truth of that has completely escaped the psychiatric profession for decades.

So I think anything that can draw attention to the problems here with humour is helpful !

Alex
    Participant

Wow, tells the whole story in 4 simple frames, and to the point. This is excellent. Congratulations!

Michael Z Freeman
    Participant

Wow, tells the whole story in 4 simple frames, and to the point. This is excellent. Congratulations!

Thanks !

The_cat
    Participant

Add your favorites to the Anti psychiatry meme contest https://www.madinamerica.com/forums/topic/anti-psychiatry-meme-contest/

Michael Z Freeman
    Participant

Add your favorites to the Anti psychiatry meme contest https://www.madinamerica.com/forums/topic/anti-psychiatry-meme-contest/

Thanks. I added it to that thread.

Michael Z Freeman
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Organizing for Social Change’ is closed to new topics and replies.