Monday, September 21, 2020

Photographer and SSRI survivor looking for volunteers for her personal project.

Home Forums Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal Photographer and SSRI survivor looking for volunteers for her personal project.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    fede valla
    Participant

Dear all,
    my name is Federica, I am a 35 years old, Italian woman. Currently I live in Brooklyn, New York, but I am originally from Rome, Italy. Back in 2005 I had my first panic attack and I was immediately prescribed SSRI to help with that. 20mg of Lexapro to be precise. No explanation, no second consultation to see a psychoanalyst or a counselor. Also it was not a psychiatrist who prescribed, it was an RNA. In 2008 I had a very bad taper and my panic attacks became anxiety disorder, which I carried on for years. This happened because my psychiatrist found via in-network insurance company was a very bad man who did not care for his patients. Now, 15 years later, thanks to my Italian doctor, his psychoanalysis and trust in me and my family, I am medicine free, but, although SSRI are no BENZOS, I had terrible side-effects and loss of memory and slowness and a lot of lethargy. I felt that I was robbed of some good years of my life, because I was never told what I truly needed to know.

I am sure this sound familiar to some of you!

The reason I am writing to you today is to ask for your help.
    I am also a photographer and I have a skill that I would like to use to make a personal project to show to the world in a respectable and caring way what does it mean to live with having side effects from having taken/taking Benzos. What does it mean to fight the withdrawal symptoms of such medication daily. This is not a journalistic article, it would be more of a personal project. I would like to create a personal relationship that you and I will build over time with weekly visits that we will set-up in which you tell me your stories, you show me how you are fighting this battle and what you wish to share. I would love to show success stories as well, but I think if I am lucky enough to find a person (man or woman) who could let me document his/her path toward that, this would be a very efficient/beneficial documentation for the world and to inform others as well.
    I want to learn from you and try to see what we can do to bring more awareness in this world to fight the over-prescription of Benzos for once and for all so that many after you will not have to feel this badly for a lack of communication.

Please contact me if you live in the New York City/New Jersey areas and you are interested in meeting me in person so I can explain to you further and also shake your hand/hug you. Here is my web site so you can see what other photos I have taken and what I do: http://www.federicavalabrega.com
    Here is my cell phone: 303-908-9282 and my email: [email protected]

I am very interested in hearing from you.
    I guess this is also a way for me to heal.

Thank you very much for your kindness and I hope you all have a wonderful day and if you are recovering, may your journey be rewarded with peace and lack of sufferings.
    Ciao, Federica

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal’ is closed to new topics and replies.