Saturday, January 18, 2020

Psychiatry is not a "helping profession"; it is your caring ruler.

Home Forums Rethinking Psychiatry Psychiatry is not a "helping profession"; it is your caring ruler.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    uprising
    Participant

Check out this web page showcasing public relations firm Porter Novelli’s work of “rebranding” the American Psychiatric Association:

http://creative.porternovelli.com/portfolio/american-psychiatric-association-rebranding-to-move-the-field-forward/.

Repositioning American Psychiatric Association from wise sage to caring ruler, we changed everything from messaging to their logo to support the new brand persona.

That’s right, psychiatry is not a benign helping profession; it is a system of totalitarian control.

(Thanks to Alex for sharing the link in the MiA blog comments.)

The_cat
    Participant

Check out this web page showcasing public relations firm Porter Novelli’s work of “rebranding” the American Psychiatric Association:

http://creative.porternovelli.com/portfolio/american-psychiatric-association-rebranding-to-move-the-field-forward/.

The New Look of the American Psychiatric Association… Comments are disabled for this video. LOL

Kyle
    Participant

The New Look of the American Psychiatric Association… Comments are disabled for this video. LOL

I watched this video a while back and had to laugh to myself about that as well. Isn’t that pretty much how the profession of psychiatry works as a whole?

Psychiatry: This is the way things are. We swear! Comments (criticisms, dissenting opinions, factual objections) disabled.

The other thing I found annoying is how their video is jammed full of doctors in scrubs and lab coats, with brain imaging throughout. Never mind that brain scans are pretty much useless in the field of psychiatry, unless they are documenting how anti-psychotics shrink your brain.

I guess a video of people in handcuffs, or pinned to the floor being injected, or being given shock treatment wouldn’t have the same appeal. Obviously they aren’t going to show that though. I find it more interesting that given the massive amount of US citizens on psychiatric drugs, and the fact that you would be hard pressed to find a psychiatrist that doesn’t prescribe drugs almost immediately when seeing a patient, that there is not a single image of a pill or someone writing a prescription or anything. Psychiatry isn’t even shy about how integral psychiatric drugs are for the treatment of mental illness. Why leave that out of their propaganda piece?

“Tearing down discrimination in all it’s forms. Relentlessly working for understanding.” Lol you can’t be serious. I wonder if there is a gag reel somewhere where the voiceover lady keeps breaking and laughing while trying to get through those lines.

troyhenry
    Participant

When it is known by medical science the drugs and ECT Lobotomy (do they still do that)? destroys the brain and causes psychotic behaviour why is it legal? The first Pill they had was called lovingly the Lobotomy in a pill. They set out to destroy our minds and bodies, why for they are jealous of us and big pharma backs them for trillions of dollars a year. I heard in the USA they spend Billions a year on advertising Psych. drugs, we don’t have that yet in Australia. If it is so good why does it need advertising?

I have been a psych. victim for 15 years, had many drugs no therapy as yet. The was it Sotoria house in the states they used no drugs or other harmful treatments and they got their patients out in the same time or less than the nuthouses using drugs ECT and other tourture. Furthermore they had far less readmitions, thus it works better. Ans it would be cheaper no drugs, they are costly. And less time in Hospital (Less readmition). Yet they say it is too expensive, the people from sotoria would be working soon after they got out not drugged out of their minds suicidal or other effects of the drugs they would be Paying TAXES. Thus it is again cheaper?

Why don’t Survivors worldwide link to form a Class Action, Jim Gotstien could help us? However his name is spelt. You would have to know him? I am not against proper non drug lobotomy ECT and so therapy. Psychology it works far better than the standard psychiatry model I have seen it. Sadly I have had no therapy just drugs for 15 years. I told my quack I stopped taking Haloperidol as it made me feel suicidal, never felt that before. She put me on a CTO (Community treatment order) for she said I refused to take the treatment. I shouldn’t have told her, I felt fine. I have never in 15 years gave consent let alone informed consent. I have never been informed of any other treatment only drugs, drugs which are at times just forced into me I don’t even know what they are called let alone what they do, how can this be Just?

Best go it’s getting long. All the best to all the survivors out there.

boans
    Participant

Okay, so what have they come up with?

An electrical chord wrapped around a stick, and a brain the size of a thumb print.

The electrical chord representing ECT

The stick, but no carrot. Coercion and force is all we know.

And the brain the size of the thumb print is what’s left after the drugs.

And who said there was no truth in advertising lol

They are moving psychiatry forward? Glad to hear it, how about you put em on a bus out of town, because they been here way too long. In fact, I can point the driver to a cliff.

Troyhenry, if I can help you in any way feel free to contact me.

boans
    Participant

Bad humour ahead.

I sent an email to Mullah Omar (one eye, had all the TVs and radios in Afghanistan destroyed) and told him that the Taliban is getting a bad name (all that killing, maiming, torture). After looking at the new image of psychiatry put forward by Porter Novelli I recommended them to him.

I got an email back from the Mullah today. They sent him the exact same package they prepared for the APA lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Rethinking Psychiatry’ is closed to new topics and replies.