Thursday, May 23, 2019

Someone call NAMI with this question

Home Forums Organizing for Social Change Someone call NAMI with this question

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Julie Greene, MFA 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

The_cat
    Participant

I can’t call , they all know my voice too well from when it was my hobby to call them up and ask for things like chemical imbalance test or ask about their pharma funding sources.

CALL THE NAMI HELPLINE
    800-950-6264

Just ask the question what happens when a person subjected to assisted outpatient treatment leaves the state to get away from it.

If you know the answer just put it obviously but to get the answer maybe if you call NAMI and say my brother or cousin was getting assisted outpatient treatment and left the state and ask what are the rules on that.

The_cat
    Participant

Posts been up 2 weeks and not one of you so called “activists” could help me out with this easy thing ?

No wonder psychiatry gets away with trashing human rights on a global scale with impunity.

I guess your all to busy doing page long rants on threads with titles that will never show up on a web search ever thinking your making a “difference”.

Julie Greene, MFA
    Participant

I can do that. I have a number of different numbers from different states I can call from. Not one identifies me to a specific device. So just let me clarify. I would call, say, an AOT state, and frantically say, “My cousin is on court order, and he left the state, now what?” and see how NAMI responds, right? I want to be sure this is what you are asking.

Then, if they’re all asking about “Oh dear, lemme get this person’s name…I’ll say, “oh, okay, hold on….and then I’ll say, “oh listen, i need to call you RIGHT BACK in one minute from my other phone, this one is out of battery…..” and hang up.

I think it depends…depends on state, so we’d have to do each state separately, call NAMI for each state.

Julie Greene, MFA
    Participant

And I suspect it’s best to call late in the day. not midday.

The_cat
    Participant

Ya cool, do it.

I got NAMI to take down some crap on there webpage claiming anti psychotics are proven “effective for oppositional defiance disorder”

Kept calling and calling, proven effective by who ??? Name a study… And posting online about it… I think a reader from this website may have taken it on too after I started posting but they took it down.

I said in the other forum I need to give this up, don’t think its happening, I just have to not get caught up in the online for hours or all day thinking I can trash the whole wrenched system in one sitting.

Julie Greene, MFA
    Participant

Know what I was told? To “give up the fight. You’re fighting a battle of one person. Give up and join us.” this was a PM on Twitter. These are bullies trying to act “nice” but they aren’t real people. Probably hired. Anyone out there getting PMed like that, stay away. Good thing I did not trust.

Julie Greene, MFA
    Participant

x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Organizing for Social Change’ is closed to new topics and replies.