Friday, August 7, 2020

Suggestions where to publish our psychiatric drug survivor memoirs?

Home Forums Community Suggestions where to publish our psychiatric drug survivor memoirs?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sandra Villarreal
    Participant

My name is Sandra, I am a psychiatric drug survivor.

Hello to everyone out there! I’ve written a memoir, that has been edited, describing what my life was like being prescribed psychiatric drugs (including ECT’s) for thirty-five years, how I was effected, describing in detail my final multiple cold-turkey withdrawals from my ‘medicines’, and my recovery.

I’m reaching out to my community first if anyone who may have suggestions where I can get such a memoir published, as our stories are not the average walk in the park as Mothers, but are very dark at times, most times even very tragic.

Thank you very much. My name is Sandra Villarreal, my email address is: [email protected]

DannytheWorld
    Participant

Self-publishing essays on wordpress could be a good start, there are other psych survivor women who blog there who you could maybe network with like @juliemadblogger and @phoebesparrowwagner for instance

“NOS Mag” and “Rooted In Rights” publish people’s stories sometimes

Mask Mag if what you want to write has a more general antiauthoritarian bent… best luck!

Anonymous
    Inactive

MFI’s I Got Better campaign aims to challenge the dominant narrative of hopelessness in mental health care by making stories of hope and mental wellness widely available. In doing, so, MFI collected video and written testimonies of former mental health patients and shared these across media. Read all the stories, see all the videos, and read the results of the survey at IgotBetter.org.

https://mindfreedom.org/mfi-taking-action/i-got-better-campaign/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Community’ is closed to new topics and replies.