Thursday, April 2, 2020

The Bridge

Home Forums Community The Bridge

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1,126 through 1,140 (of 1,156 total)
  • Author
    boans
    Participant

Blinded me with science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2VNxmn0lNA

I liked Confessions of a Trespasser. I made comment about the Gruen Transfer occurring with the “evidence base” and “evidence based medicine”.

Gruen Transfer –

the moment when consumers enter a shopping mall and, surrounded by an intentionally confusing layout, lose track of their original intentions, making consumers more susceptible to make impulse buys. It is named for Austrian architect Victor Gruen, who disavowed such manipulative techniques.

No doubt that ‘consumers’ entering the shopping mall of psychiatry are disoriented and vulnerable. What about the docs? It seems to me that they too would be faced with confusing situations daily and likely to ‘impulse buy’. I’m not certain that it was on the show of the same name here but, one of them did a critique of what a label containing the words “clinically proven” actually meant. And in the end it was something like having the product on the reception counter in 5 separate places lol. Consumer entering the store is faced with two products (snake oils) and one is labelled “clinically proven”, which one do you think they will purchase?

So in this sense, is the claim that treatment with anti psychotics “evidence based medicine” similar? It is as long as you don’t actually examine that “evidence base”. Which is precisely what Mr Whitaker has done and found that it may be ‘clinically proven’, but that the term “evidence based medicine” is about as descriptive as “virtually spotless; light, yet filling; and military intelligence” lol.

Perhaps “experienced based medicine” might be a better description? And as the following article about the daughter and Prozac seems to show…… these drugs are being prescribed by folk with very limited experience. In my case …..lol.

So to me, and in this sense, this is no trespass by Mr Whitaker. He is on common ground (right to roam) in the arena of ‘marketing’ and not anything which could be called “evidence based medicine” with only two seriously methodologically flawed studies.

Not gunna make ya popular with some people, but the truth will eventually out.

uprising
    Participant

“Science!”

Gruen Transfer –

I always suspected that shopping malls were designed to disorient the shopper. Thanks for that, boans.

boans
    Participant

I didn’t watch many of the Gruen shows uprising but the ones I did were very informative about how advertising works. I looked back through the list of episodes only to find that they never touched on the topic of ‘medicine’ and advertising. Certainly there are differences with direct to consumer marketing, but why not tackle the subject? Hmmm, laissez-faire?

This is what Wil Anderson had to say about the Gruen Transfer on the first episode. “that split second when the Malls intentionally confusing layout makes our eyes glaze, and our jaws slacken, the moment we forget what we came for and become impulse buyers.

You know, when you set out to buy baby food, but find yourself shelling out for a case of beer, two pairs of jeans, and a plasma tv instead.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh7dczhU4NE

Interesting that they did one part of the show about “euthanasia of the over 80s” (season 3 episode 6). How do you sell people on the idea of ending their own life lol. I thought they might touch on the medical establishment, but it really does seem to be a “don’t mention the war” (Basil Fawlty) type situation. Ample discussion of the rules and regulations that relate to beer/alcohol etc, …..

boans
    Participant

Fight Club (R)

Raymond K Hessel motivation scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdwyAcJ8j2U

I really liked the movie. But it was when I read the article about Helpful and Hopeful Thoughts on the main page, I thought not of Near Death Experiences, but what Tyler Durden called “Near Life Experiences”. The car crash scene being one, and Raymond K Hessels another. And it raises a question for me in this form, does this taking people to the point where they believe they are going to be killed do them good? Because from some of my observations this is the method of treatment for mental patients preferred by our police. Not a thing any mental patient could ever have done about it either. I know my knee jerk reaction is to say “oh that’s terrible” and it couldn’t possibly have any benefit for either the individual, or the community as a whole. Why then are they doing it?

So yeah, Tyler is a terrorist. Does doing it with State sanction make it any different?

boans
    Participant

Definitely Dylan.

“If my thought-dreams could be seen, they’d probably put my head in a guillotine. It’s alright Ma, it’s life and life only.”

Now I have had my thought dreams observed by a Community Nurse. See Form1 “thoughts of harming others”. And Mr Bob is wrong, they won’t put your head in a guillotine……. but you will be ‘medicated’.

Made me smile 🙂

Remove the motive and none of what I have said counts. “They wounldn’t do that” being the defense. But when the evidence is available to demonstrate Conspire to Stupefy and Commit an Indictable Offense (kidnapping) X 2 = 60 years prison? Fraud (False Statutory Declaration) X 2. Conspire to …….. let me say the defense of “they wouldn’t do that” should at least be examined. Or are we all a little busy?

boans
    Participant

‘Someone has got to stick a label on this guy to justify drugging him and concealing the kidnapping’.

Anniversaries.

5 years of homelessness.

5 years of being lied to by people who expect to be trusted.

5 years of …….

Lucky they only look to their faux successes, because my ‘health’ has suffered more than significantly as a result of the ‘treatment’ I neither wanted, or required. Parasites.

Once the State can commit crimes to ensure that the citizenry doesn’t know they are committing crimes against the citizenry? Lucky they are being kept in the dark on that one.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by boans.
    boans
    Participant

I wonder;

During the meeting between my wife and the Clinic Psych, was a phone call made to a psychiatrist by any chance? Another co conspirator? Not the psychiatrist at the Clinic, but perhaps one that one party had at their disposal? Always good to have a consultant to conspire with lol. ‘Listen Darling, got a bit of a problem here. …………. get them to use the Form 1 you say? Okay, thanks byeeeeeee’. Easily checked with access. Not so easy when you have a group of criminals running around disposing of evidence and perverting justice with State sanction 🙁

Did he go for the bait that I was switched for after Dr I’m the boss around here” missed? Poor bastard that was me after that 🙁 Still, i’m sure they had their reasons, and if not, lets just make some up huh. Give the Community Nurse a call.

Isolate comms between Boans and clinic psych for 2 – 3 weeks while we see (4th Jan 2012 – ?) And the 4 missing mysterious emails? Someone was pretending to be me to the clinic psych. (you really are a lazy fat bastard Bob. Trying to sign in to my account to tidy up your mess after I changed my email password? tut tut, exposed mate) Pick up a few ‘connections’?

uprising
    Participant

Anniversaries.

🙁

boans
    Participant

I just re-watched the first part of a trilogy of documentaries made about three Australian brothers who entered the highlands of Papua New Guinea in the 1930s. It’s a great set of docos and I’m so glad that this First Contact was documented on film. The still photograph of the ‘natives’ listening to their dead ancestors emanating from a gramophone is something like da Vincis drawings. At one point when describing the interest in the “white men from heaven” one guy says “their skin is different, but their shit smells just like ours”….. obviously not a psychiatrist lol

There are criticisms that could be leveleled at this set of docos but have a look because it tells a story of “outsiders” from a perspective rarely accurately documented. It also has a lot to say about the poisonous effects of capitalism. “before the white man came, every man was his own boss”

https://vimeo.com/51548963

Thnx Uprising.

uprising
    Participant

Terrifying film, boans. It’s interesting that the footage exists precisely because these guys thought that they were perfectly entitled to anything and everything that the indigenous people had.

boans
    Participant

Not sure if you have seen the second and third documentaries made by the same folk uprising. They are currently on our ABC iView site, though I feel certain they are copyright protected.

Joe Leahys Neighbours

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/joe-leahys-neighbours/ZW0892A001S00

and Black Harvest

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/black-harvest/ZZ1578A001S00#playing

I know one part that really stood out for me was the two younger brothers speaking about the killing of ‘natives’. One claiming that it was carte blanche and done regularly, the other claiming that there were govt authorities to deal with and reports to be filed etc. It wouldn’t have been easy to do what they did, and I feel sure they knew the danger they were in.

I did sit and ponder what this tells me about ‘mental health’ and what came to mind was these three ‘magicians’ who come to town claiming supernatural status as a result of some ‘tricks’ they could perform, and then moving on quite rapidly before anyone managed to get organised and discuss rationally what this was really about. Psychiatry and medicine? lol

The other two parts are also well worth watching. Joe Leahy trying to bridge the ‘two worlds’ and his labour difficulties during times of conflict (among other things).

boans
    Participant

“I always gets away with my crimes by putting myself in a psych ward under the Mental Health Act”.

Which is how I got to meet this young woman not long before she became pregnant with this child.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/32700066/baby-lochlan-had-meth-in-system-after-mystery-death/#page1

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-22/baby-killed-by-mother-in-perth-had-significant-trauma-court-told/7869224

🙁

Edit:

Can’t help but wonder about this one either.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/32703214/cops-seize-euthanasia-gp-notes/#page1

Difficult for me to believe after what I’ve been through that police do their job without fear or favor where doctors are concerned. Looks to me like they wish to ensure that their blatant criminal negligence is not uncovered, and that the convenience killings which are being done continue without interruption. Ya just got to KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT Doc and police will never look. In fact, they will get any evidence that your doing it back should it fall into anyone who would do anything about it’s hands. One would have to assume that Docs home and telephone calls are being listened to given the first case scenario. Openly make admissions knowing this? And still they will not charge.

boans
    Participant

From the above article “Cops seize euthanasia gp notes”

Australian Medical Association WA president Andrew Miller, who has a law degree, said yesterday that doctors were like anyone else and he expected them to be investigated without fear or favour by the police if there was a concern.

Dr Miller would also be aware of how persons with the legal status of “patient” have no human or civil rights, and therefore there is no need for police to investigate what would without the status of “patient” constitute crimes. Maxwell Smart and ‘the cone of silence’? This is the accountant keeping two sets of books, ensuring the authorities only get to see the ‘legit’ ones.

“She seems to be surprised that everyone else doesn’t agree with her but if she’d come to me beforehand and said this is what I’m planning on doing, I would have counselled her strongly to obey the law.

“As everyone who has a sophisticated understanding of end-of-life care knows, it’s a very tricky area to protect the vulnerable but what’s not tricky is relieving suffering and that can be done within the law.”

And this? Ask me and I will show you how?

I do hope the doctor doesn’t believe she will be supported by her “colleagues”. Here’s a track going out to ya Doc (couldn’t help myself, the Devil made me do it waaaahahaha. “That girl is WHACK” waaaahahahah)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QczzKqzuHfw

boans
    Participant

I made this comment to Bruce Levines article

Hi Bruce, you write

“a commitment to the truth hinders the capacity to bullshit”

Personally I see the truth as being the Dung Beetle, that stops the spread of maggots and flies which then carry disease to what would otherwise be healthy cattle. The bullshit itself is just covering the known lie, and allowing doctor double think.

Great article. But isn’t it McLaren and not McClaren? Anyway, nit picking insetead of dung beetleing lol.

Take care

Couple of things I will say here further to this. It would appear that the current state of affairs is one in which the pile of bullshit dumped on the known lies told by psychiatry (“chemical imbalances”, “treatments”, “care”, “humane” etc) has been fly blown. The disease is spreading. And in this sense what if we applied the same standards of reasoning to psychiatric thinking as an illness (in the same manner as “schizophrenia”)? Surely such an illness if it were to advance would require a mechanism to spread and flourish? The fly as carrier?

Good news about this is that even if one finds oneself covered in the bullshit, at the very least one can still contribute to ensuring that the spread of the diseases are minimized. Okay, your covered in shit, but at least you get a good feed when the flies are multiplying lol. And looking at laws the likes of Murphy, they sure are multiplying. One can only hope that as the problems become more apparent, then the numbers of dung beetles (truth speakers) will also increase.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dung_beetle

“Dung beetles are currently the only known non-human animal to navigate and orient themselves using the Milky Way.”

Not when they are given benzos, olanzapine and quetiapine I bet lol. Just lay around in the shit.

Edit: I laugh still about the article about the doctor taunting police with her open admission of killing a patient. Police will do their job “without fear or favour”? waaaahahahahahah. Hafta find the copy of the Criminal Code first, not that this would show favour. And it was police intimidating the psychologist not the other way around so ……… no fear. Eddie Murphy doesn’t make me laugh this much.

Still, nothing that a spiking and a plant wouldn’t sort out. She evr advocate for the forced use of ECT? Doctor becomes “patient” with full knowledge of what that entails. The “sophisticated” knowledge spoken about by Dr Miller. 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CwHby-YTNo

boans
    Participant

I have just begun reading a copy of a Targeted Review of MH services in EDs. Strange terminology such as “mental health illness”?

The sentence in the Executive summary begins …. “A carer’s contribution to the support of a person with mental health illness
    should not be underestimated”. What does this actually mean?

In late 2013, there was an increase in the number of notifiable incidents reported to the Chief Psychiatrist relating to patients with mental health issues absconding from EDs. It was unclear whether this increase related to increased compliance with reporting to the Chief Psychiatrist by some ED staff or whether it reflected poor standards of psychiatric care being provided.

Or might it even be that certain members of the community are becoming aware of what is actually being done in EDs disguised as medicine? Police snow jobs, convenience killings for Doctors who have some “paperwork problems”? So the report begins by ensuring that the truth is not examined, and then sets up the ‘poles’ of it’s either more reporting by staff, or poor ‘care’. Not that the environment is being used for corrupt public officers in conjunction with organised criminals to dispose of any evidence of their criminality.

I have not gone very far into this report yet, but it hardly seems worth reading given that the outcome was decided before any investigation. The killings, brain damaging will continue unrestrained, whilst ineffective remedial measures are attempted, fraudulent data presented, and then pass the buck to the next mug to sort out once exposure is imminent.

I find myself pondering the term “notifiable incidents” in the above quote. What I know is that stupefying and arranging police referrals via the planting of a knife on a person is not one such “notifiable incident”. The Chief Psychiatrist had to wait for the Operations Manager to return from holidays to be informed of what had occurred. Thus the matters were not “incidents” and were not reported. I will begin by examining the MHA to attempt to identify what these “notifiable incidents” are and are not. Failure to report? Is Misconduct.

Edit: I was taken to this report from a pamphlet about Public Patients Hospital charter which explains the non existent rights of patients. Of course Mental Health gets special mention

Mental health patients
    The Mental Health Act 2014 provides a number of extra rights for patients receiving psychiatric treatment and introduces The Charter Of Mental Health Principles. Mental Health Services must make every effort to comply with these principles when providing treatment, care and support to people experiencing mental illness.

A number of EXTRA RIGHTS? waaahahahah no it doesn’t, it removes any and all human and civil rights a person has. And this of course means that making “every effort” consists of no effort at all. Stick a needle in that one and drop it for me would ya Doc?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,126 through 1,140 (of 1,156 total)
  • The forum ‘Community’ is closed to new topics and replies.