Wednesday, June 23, 2021

What is psychiatry. Victim narrate.

Home Forums Organizing for Social Change What is psychiatry. Victim narrate.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    Lametamor
    Participant

But what actually “Survivor” differs from the victim? If live, means for this reason already not a victim? If a person suffered injustice, violence, injury means he already victim. Of course recognize that role in life – to be a victim not necessary. Who wants to have such a role ?! Man makes the a victim. Coercion! This is especially noticeable in the case of forced psychiatry. Being a victim – not the choice of the person. It is always a choice of criminals. And I do not understand why it is necessary to “close their eyes” to the crime, the guilt, and the right to switch to the likely positive outlook “survival”.
    It should also be pointed out that not all subject to the same “treatment”. Some subjected to such destruction, after that offer them leave disaster in the past, switch on positive prospects it sounds blasphemous. And probably all the same yardstick to measure impossible.

You have led a very pertinent example of rape. Can victim rape die. But can stay alive. And then you should not indulge in insults, suffering. It is necessary to focus on the positive prospects. After all, life goes on. And in life happens a lot of good. However, please note – of rape are not condoned. For rape very aggressively pursued and severely punished.
    But imagine that nobody pursue rapists and not going. A raped offer not indulge in suffering, to think about the future. How such adopt a victim? How is it at all look like? Please note also that the damage caused by psychiatric “treatment” much more serious than the damage rape. And with than then should reconcile undergone “treatment”? Taking into account the fact that executioners healers for their crimes, punished nobody and not going! They commit crimes with impunity and completely legal!

Frank Blankenship
    Participant

There are psychiatric non-survivors. Some of these psychiatric non-survivors are psychiatric casualties. The stories of psychiatric casualties need to be told as well, and sometimes they are, by survivors.

“Please note also that the damage caused by psychiatric “treatment” [is] much more serious than the damage [done by] rape”

Hello. Rapists have been known to kill their victims. Sure, psychiatry kills, too, but as to whether psychiatry or rape is the most damaging probably depends on the specific incident.

I still think survivor narrate works better than “victim” narrate. I think we must make a point of showing that the victim role is by no means permanent. People can go on, and do all sorts of fine things in life, and very frequently they do.

I said my piece, and I hold my peace.

Lametamor
    Participant

Hello. Rapists have been known to kill their victims. Sure, psychiatry kills, too, but as to whether psychiatry or rape is the most damaging probably depends on the specific incident.

Abusers even as just not necessary have a desire to kill or to cause any damage. But psychiatrists take upon oneself right determine about what man one may think, what they want, what they worry. And every not corresponding their opinion desire, aspiration man define painful and expose to be treated. That is, they aim to cure a man from his own desires and aspirations. That is, off its own will. But the deliverance of man from his will is nothing else than the destruction of human. It is in this all their “therapeutic” objective and is.

There are psychiatric non-survivors. Some of these psychiatric non-survivors are psychiatric casualties. The stories of psychiatric casualties need to be told as well, and sometimes they are, by survivors.
    I still think survivor narrate works better than “victim” narrate. I think we must make a point of showing that the victim role is by no means permanent. People can go on, and do all sorts of fine things in life, and very frequently they do.
    I said my piece, and I hold my peace.

Frank, and how to be non-survivors? At that «non-survivors» it is not necessarily dead. The man who will be erased, feelings, capabilities. By which smite the whole body, essence, genotype. Which is hundred times would rather die than remain alive in such a state! Is one may consider him survivors? It should impose enjoy life and do useful things? Is his opinion on this matter does not most important?
    Here to express their views are probably not enough. We must honestly answer the questions.

Lametamor
    Participant

Kim Kushner Good day and thanks for the welcome. Also thank you Jason Kalendek for linking the “Vigils for Victims” Electroshock Protest to this page.

What began for me as a way to show honor and respect to shock victims and survivors begins August 16, 2015.

My vision is simple monthly candlelight vigils across the state where I can read aloud names of people and remember them. Maybe ring a small bell. Maybe some gentle music. This is a work in progress. My hope is that we can slowly but steadily create something in person, in real life, with each other.

I am asking for this groups understanding, support, ideas, intelligence, and strong hearts. I am also respectfully asking you to consider my request to honor you.

If you choose to would you allow me to add you or others who are shock survivors/victims to the list of names I want to remember. You can keep confidentiality at all times. A first name, last initial, state, country or whatever you are comfortable with is OK with me.

I’m adding the event link below. Please consider this. I promised myself after the May 16th demonstrations I would continue in some small way. A few people doing vigils is still doing something in unity and community. Thank you. In Solidarity…
    Kim

Lametamor
    Participant

Kenny Fleischman Got word that activist and ect survior sue clark wittenberg has died. Was very close to sue. She was one hell of a psch survior and I was always encouraged of how strong she was as a human being to endure so much. She taught me to be bold, speak my mind, to stick up for myself and endurance. You Will be deeply missed and I hope you are finally resting in peace. I have learned alot from you

Lametamor
    Participant

Katy Gray Haloperidol-induced ‘lock jaw’
    If you can open your mouth just enough to bite on something like a blanket or your sleeve…it’s excruciatingly painful to open a ‘locked jaw’..but do it and then just bite hard and and chew…this will help to relieve the pain…Procyclidine is the antidote but if they’re punishing you they will not let you have this…
    I want to be normal and eat normally, have energy and exercise. The nurses are drugging me down, and I have no energy, so I sometimes end up prioriting getting more sleep instead to eat. They try to brainwash me that I haven’t been raped, and that’s why I avoid firm foods. Pray for me so I get an apartment quickly, although I mean it the non-Christian w ay.
    People are scared to speak out against DSM psychiatry in case they/we might be tortured further for doing so…this writer could not have tortured any more than I already have been…My best witnesses to this ‘testimony’ are the good nurses whose job it was to ‘bring me back’ and also my good solicitor. However, I very nearly did not ‘come back’ – ‘the lights were on but nobody was home’ after being subjected to total deprivation/solitary confinement for long enough…I write as a survivor who has no status in society’s eyes any more…it’s obvious, isn’t it, that torture can send a person quite mad ?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Lametamor.
    Lametamor
    Participant

Katy Gray Clear Your Name !
    Write about your experience and the truth…and do not be deterred or let yourself be put on the back foot by ‘psychiatrisation’.

If you do not feel helped by or agree with the ‘opinion’/diagnosis of your shrink just refuse to consult him/her. You can get a repeat script if necessary from your GP.

Write down the truth of your experience and give a copy of this to your GP.

Don’t let DSM psychiatry assassinate your character and/or sense of self.

When those in power or have up until now ‘held the keys’ realise that their opinions are nonsense and that we survivors/patients will not collude further or let ourselves be so intimidated things will, change for everyone.

Lametamor
    Participant

Katy Gray Do not let another person’s opinion of you either oppress or define you…there are over 7 billion other people on this planet who might not agree !

Lametamor
    Participant

Her story hits home with the misdiagnosis; sharing as Iam sure many in here may allso…
    “In the summer of 1960, Sawyer was admitted to the Westchester Division of New York Hospital. There, her thrice-weekly shock treatment began. “Shock treatment felt like facing death again and again,” she recalls in her memoir, reflecting her understanding at the time. “Not only because the doctor caused a seizure by shooting electricity through my brain, which meant I risked dying if he miscalculated, but because it also interfered with my memory. I’d wake Karollina Marfell Her story hits home with the misdiagnosis; sharing as Iam sure many in here may allso…
    “In the summer of 1960, Sawyer was admitted to the Westchester Division of New York Hospital. There, her thrice-weekly shock treatment began. “Shock treatment felt like facing death again and again,” she recalls in her memoir, reflecting her understanding at the time. “Not only because the doctor caused a seizure by shooting electricity through my brain, which meant I risked dying if he miscalculated, but because it also interfered with my memory. I’d wake up terrified, not knowing who I was, the world a meaningless blank. It was as if each seizure carved me into a new jigsaw puzzle, and I had to start from the beginning to figure out how the pieces fit together. There was no guarantee they would.”
    http://news.yale.edu/2015/08/11/psychologist-s-memoir-tale-misdiagnosis-mistreatment-and-healing

Lametamor
    Participant

Russell Jonas Grigaitis As I was driving home from a couple of days at the skete, I was thinking about the most effective term to use when discussing psychiatric shock abuse. The industry officially uses ECT and not too many people know what that means. Often “Therapy” and “Treatment” are interchanged. I believe it would be best to use the term ECT because that is what the industry uses, but use the full name “Electroconvulsive Treatment” as often as possible. This is so that it become so common that “Electroconvulsive Therapy” is never used by the general public. When the word “Electroconvulsive” is explained to someone, it is clear that it is cruel, inhuman and degrading. Thus, the word “Treatment” will naturally lead to the “United Nations Convention against Torture.”
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Convention_against_Torture
    16 08 Penny Giforos I came home last week from the University of Utah hospital after undergoing ECT. I had four sessions but decided to stop due to the loss of memory, severe headaches and the incompetence of the doctors (they made me quit clonazepam cold-turkey and gave me Imitrex for the severe headaches I would get after each ECT session, which in combination with the 80 mg of Prozac I was on caused me to suffer serotonin syndrome).

The way they pressured and bullied me to continue ECT was unreal. I agreed to outpatient ECT just so they would let me leave the hospital. They told me it was my decision and they couldn’t force me to do ECT, but they’ve continued to pressure and harass me to the point where I’m thinking of taking legal action. They called my sister yesterday and said I had an outpatient appointment, which I cancelled last week after having to argue with the ECT department manager for about 20 minutes. They don’t respect my decision and treat me like an unruly, disobedient child. I can’t get these people off my back, they’re worse than bill collectors.

Lametamor
    Participant

Thomas Murphy One foray into ending psychiatry is this. The television corporations are compensated by the drug companies. These Corporations also own newspapers and radio station. So they all share the same financial incentive from the drug companies. I know what you are thinking; “End the Corporate status? I might like to form one some day!!” Forget about it! They will never let you! All of your intellectual property is gone the minute you think it by those sharing your human cognition. So this is what needs to happen. Those Corporations are producing narcotics that kill people by the hundreds of thousands and it needs to end!!!! They are not being held accountable per the standard of real men and women. There are very few of us! But there were very few that broke away from England to be free and form the United States too! The Corporate limited liability status needs to be declared unconstitutional. This petition will do it!

I believe some of those 1600 Nazi Scientists brought over in Operation Paperclip for the CIA were involved in psychiatry and torture. Sign my petition if you want our Government to fess up

http://www.care2.com/passport/login.html?promoID=6&service=1001&pg=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.care2.com%2Fmy%2Fpetitionsite%2Fdashboard%2F562550934%3Fltl%3D1440957898

Lametamor
    Participant

Craig Lewis As a person in recovery and as a psychiatric survivor, I will not shrink from fighting battles that most people would run from. However, if you are a mental health provider at a large and respected hospital, and you are harming “my people” under the guise of ostensibly helping them; expect me… https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/open-letter-psychiatric-establishment-craig-lewis

Lametamor
    Participant

Rene Helmerichs I am in jail right now. On 24 Feb. 2015, I pled guilty to blogging the name Natalie Yawchyn (now Kelloway or Helloway) at http://www.renehelmerichs3.blogspot.ca/2014/07/privately-sworn-information-to-commence.html.
    On 5 Aug. 2015, psychiatrist William Komer claimed I needed injection of the same potion that gave me spinal pain in 2012. Judge C.R. Harris at Barrie, Ontario, decided not to let me cross-examine the witch-doctor. Case Law of R.v. Frsytha (1980) and Criminal Code section 774 tells us the order was illegal. Mr. Komer claimed the injections are required to make one fit with legal knowledge.
    He claims they will miraculously cause me to know how to plea to court. He claimed I misperceived pleading on 24 Feb. 2015. He used his medical authority to prevent me from showing the court that he is psychotic (that means with delusion).

Frank Blankenship
    Participant

Didn’t mean to imply that all non-survivors were cadavers, Lametamor. All the same, my preference is for surviving. If you’re writing for the dead, in other words, all one can do is cross oneself. Writing for the benefit of the living has a bit more potential. In the end, dead weight becomes dead weight.

Lametamor
    Participant

[quote=68349]Didn’t mean to imply that all non-survivors were cadavers, Lametamor. All the same, my preference is for surviving. If you’re writing for the dead, in other words, all one can do is cross oneself. Writing for the benefit of the living has a bit more potential. In the end, dead weight becomes dead weight.

[/quote] So that’s the question – why not necessary speak about assassinated? (Speech about assassinated off “treatment”. Destroy a person can and leaving him alive) Assassinated he himself themselves did not order the murder. He is a victim! You offer him victim not to recognize? Before him no one to blame? He must, contrary to what was done to him enjoy life? And him no one, nothing should ?! Destroyed his will, the mind, the emotional sphere. Mutilate body. And all this he should take, get on with this? And to anyone not to make any claims?
    You cited the example of rape. Imagine that no one any measures to rapists to use is not going. And edify victim not to worry, digress, enjoy life. How is that perceive rape victims? Many will agree with the way out?
    But really victims of ‘treatment’ suffer less damage, lesser atrocity? Why did they have to humble ourselves and distractions? If a such atrocity is not condemned, perceived unshakable norm, then what remain victim? Try to put yourself in place that person.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 179 total)
  • The forum ‘Organizing for Social Change’ is closed to new topics and replies.