Saturday, February 27, 2021

Comments by Luna llena

Showing 1 of 1 comments.

  • I want to thank you both for doing what I never had the nerve to do and share your stories.

    Almost two years ago I was taken to the local hospital ER by ambulance and police escort after being confronted by a mall security guard for sitting on the raised concrete guard rail of a two story parking deck. I guess he thought I was going to jump and notified police. A plain clothed officer in an unmarked car was the first on the scene and without making any verbal contact with me he put me in handcuffs. I was confused and upset. He wouldn’t identify himself or tell me what was going on and I began to struggle against him. He took me to a waiting ambulance where they shackled my feet to the stretcher. Once at the hospital I was asked if I wanted any help. Help? Yes! Help out of these handcuffs and shackles! Help understanding what’s going on! Help would’ve been great.

    A nurse came in the room, while still being handcuffed and shackled to the bed, and asked if I could provide a urine sample. I said that I had no urge to urinate at that moment. She left the room only to return a few minutes later with a small bag of supplies and two male police officers lurking in hallway outside of the open door. She never said a word. She walked up to me, lifted my skirt, pulled down my underwear and inserted a catheter. I felt a pinch followed by discomfort. The nurse then removed the catheter, pulled up my underwear and tugged my skirt down. Tethered to the bed, all I could do was lay there…humiliated and disgusted. Oh but she wasn’t done. She returned to the room, grabbed a pair of scissors and cut off my tank top, leaving me exposed from the waist up and then gave me an injection in my backside. She eventually got around to tossing a hospital gown overtop of me like a blanket and walked out with a smile on her face.

    I spent several hours cuffed to that hospital bed unable to call anyone, use the bathroom or access water. Eventually, two sheriffs deputies came to transport me an hour away to a psychiatric hospital. I was so heavily medicated that I don’t remember the first two or three days out of the week I spent there.