Mad in America Site Map
This index will guide you to the various pages available on Mad in America.
BLOGS Essays by a diverse group of writers, in the United States and abroad, engaged in rethinking psychiatry.
PERSONAL STORIES People with lived experience tell of their interactions with psychiatry and how it impacted their lives, and of their own paths to recovery.
INITIATIVES A resource for alternative treatment programs, research, and legal and political efforts that work to change our current paradigm of care.
GALLERIES Artwork, humor and poetry for and by people with lived experience.
– ARTWORK https://www.madinamerica.com/artwork/
– HUMOR https://www.madinamerica.com/artwork/humor/
– POETRY https://www.madinamerica.com/artwork/poetry/
News and reporting on science, psychiatry and social justice. Includes original MIA reports, research synopses, links to articles of interest and podcasts too.
IN THE NEWS Reporting on research studies and new approaches.
MIA REPORTS Original reporting on issues of concern.
AROUND THE WEB Links to articles of interest on the web.
MIA RADIO audio interviews offering alternative perspectives on mental health.
DRUG INFO A collection of information and resources to assist readers in understanding more about psychiatric drugs.
– ANATOMY OF AN EPIDEMIC Reviews the scientific literature to investigate the long-term effects of psychiatric medications. These documents provide access to the abstracts (or complete articles) referred to in the book.
– SCIENCE OF PSYCHIATRIC DRUGS Research reviews of the major classes of psychiatric medication.
– DRUG WITHDRAWAL INFO Offers a directory of providers who help people taper from psychiatric medications, and information about withdrawal guides, educational courses, research studies, and personal withdrawal stories.
PROVIDER DIRECTORY a listing of individual practitioners, peer organizations, mutual support groups, and residential and outpatient programs.
PARENT RESOURCES This section provides alternative views of how children in distress and difficulty and children whose behaviors are deemed unacceptable may be helped.
CALENDAR A curated listing of international critical psychology conferences and events.
Online learning that envisions a new paradigm of mental health care.
Mad in America affiliated partners around the world.
– MAD Global News – updates from our family of affiliated sites. https://www.madinamerica.com/mia-global-news/
– MAD IN AMERICA HISPANO-HABLANTE https://madinamerica-hispanohablante.org
– MAD IN ASIA https://madinasia.org
– MAD IN BRASIL https://madinbrasil.org
– MAD IN FINLAND https://madinfinland.org
– MAD IN THE UK https://www.madintheuk.com
FORUMS Discussions on all things science, psychiatry and social justice.
SUBMIT A PERSONAL STORY Guidance on how to submit your personal story to MIA.
MAKE A DONATION How to donate to support MIA’s mission.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER Subscription details for our weekly newsletter.
MIA READER SURVEY Give us your feedback so we can improve and develop.
MISSION Our aims and objectives.
WRITERS A selection of our writers and authors.
STAFF Who’s who behind the scenes at MIA.
ROBERT WHITAKER Biographical information about MIA founder, Robert Whitaker.
POSTING GUIDELINES Guidelines designed to encourage and foster civil and respectful user commenting.
FINANCES A summary of incomes and expenditures.
DONOR PAGE A listing of our donors and sponsors.
CONTACT US Contact details for individual members of staff and for submissions.
SITEMAP A full listing of all pages and links.