Sunday, August 18, 2019

klonopin withdrawal

Home Forums Psychiatric Drugs klonopin withdrawal

This topic contains 101 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  VinMike 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 102 total)
  • Author

fubar65
    Participant

After a way too fast taper off of klonopin, I am in excruciating withdrawal !!!! PLEASE HELP ! I am dying, there is no question !

blueyes
    Participant

I have gone through this hell for 4 years. I was told by a doctor to just stop the drug when I was ready. I did…I c/t’d. It is so complex and symptoms so varied I wouldn’t know where to start. There are several forums specific to benzo withdrawal where the help is 24/7. You may want to seek them out. There were many nights I logged on in the wee hours of the morning in a panic. Someone was always there. Let me say one thing now. YOU ARE NOT DYING though I know you feel as if you are. You may be one of the lucky ones and heal within weeks OR you could be like me and struggle for years experiencing waves of reoccurring symptoms. I have just joined this forum in a bad wave.

Copy_cat
    Participant

You can try substance ‘abuse’ treatment, some of the places are like resorts and even covered by insurance. I don’t like the way the phrase substance abuse has a blame the victim to it but whatever.

I did Clonopin withdrawal, after the last .5 mgs I was awake for about 2 days in hell, this hell consisted of this just intense feeling of fear combined with a belief that this state was a permanent condition.

I would be careful with doctors, many or so clueless they will start you on another chemical nightmare such as Paxil believing this is a good idea cause ‘Web Md’ or what ever they read that says “may be useful for anxiety”, I was told I needed mood ‘stabilizers’ and all that crap and have read in these forums over and over the same story.

Just remember as bad as benzo withdrawal gets it is not a permanent condition, that was the worst part for me kind believing I would always feel like that, that no way out feeling, it passes.

I tried extra alcohol for the withdrawals too one time before but it just wouldn’t ‘hit the spot’ made me worse and lead to me going back on the Clonopin.

Jshect
    Participant

I am trapped on Klonopin too, so if you would like to stay in touch for support that’s fine. I just posted a thread above this one.

Copy_cat
    Participant

You could argue that the deadliest “drug” in the world is the venom from a jellyfish known as the Sea Wasp, whose sting can kill a human being in four minutes—up to 100 humans at a time. Potassium chloride, which is used to trigger cardiac arrest and death in the 38 states of the U.S. that enforce the death penalty is also pretty deadly . But when it comes to prescription drugs that are not only able to kill you but can drag out the final reckoning for years on end, with worsening misery at every step of the way, it is hard to top the benzodiazepines. And no “benzo” has been more lethal to millions of Americans than a popular prescription drug called Klonopin.

Read more: http://www.alternet.org/story/151166/america%27s_most_dangerous_pill

Street gangs use a variety of acts of initiation to induct an individual into full membership.

These acts may include one or more of the following:

“Beat in” or “jump in” – The inductee must prove him/her self by enduring a severe beating by a pre-determined number of members for a pre-determined number of minutes. During this act the members use fists, kicks and stomps, or even clubs to beat the new member. The new member at best may survive with broken ribs, cuts and contusions or maybe a broken jaw. However the beating can be so severe that the person could suffer permanent injury or even death.

Most members of the psychiatric survivor ‘gang’ around here have endured years of chemical assault, hospital intake strip searches, physical assaults including 4 point restraints and forced drugs behind locked doors and what I found to be the worst of the worst enduring the insane hell of withdrawals. I never got ECT.

If you want off Clonopin and the other agents of chemical slavery its going to hurt, its just the nature of the beast. I did Clonopin withdrawal on suicide watch and I was 100% convinced I had died and gone to hell and the nightmare was going to replay forever. I was awake for days. Named after Jules Cotard, a French neurologist who first described the condition, Cotard’s Syndrome is a mental condition where sufferers imagine that they are decomposing, dead or non-existent.

Before that I endured Zyprexa withdrawal, the thing that lead me back to Clonopin, the withdrawal from that included pacing back and forth from my living room and the back door for hours on end and vomiting on my back steps when the waves of panic attacks got extra intense. I went to the E.R the first time and heard them talking about sending me up to psych and then the nurse came over and said the E.R doctor could prescribe more Zyprexa if “we asked him nicely” I will never ever forget that , ask nicely for more of the f_cking zombie poison that landed me in the hospital in the first place.

Please sir can I have some more… F U !

I don’t know any easy way out, I guess just gather up some hate for the system that did this to you and go through the hell it takes to get your life back.

fubar65
    Participant

This is UNBEARABLE! Along with all the other horrifying symptoms I am going through, depression so black, so excruciating, has taken me over. I have always suffered from depression and anxiety, but NOTHING like this! There has to be SOMETHING that can help calm my nervous system down. I do not trust ANY doctors.They don’t have a clue! Nobody understands the severity of this situation, and I am completely terrified! What is something, ANYTHING I can do…… This is the first time I have been off ALL psych meds in a very, VERY long time! I went off anti-depressants some months ago, and the last day of my not even a full month benzo taper was January 23rd. The reason it was so short is a long story….MAJOR MISCOMMUNICATION on my doctors part! And I was on benzos for over 10 years! Nobody ever told me I could go through this hideous withdrawal. I am so scared to take ANYTHING, even vitamins!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  fubar65.

Copy_cat
    Participant

Doctor, I need my Klonopin,

http://makeameme.org/media/created/please-sir-may.jpg

How long do you want to keep doing that ?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  Copy_cat.

Copy_cat
    Participant

Nobody understands the severity of this situation

No I do, feel like this ?

http://youtu.be/WiEJOzAVAXc

Screaming at the window
    Watch me die another day
    Hopeless situation
    Endless price I have to pay

Sanity now it’s beyond me
    There’s no choice

Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I’m here to stay

Manic depression befriends me
    Hear his voice
    Sanity now it’s beyond me
    There’s no choice

A sickened mind and spirit
    The mirror tells me lies
    Could I mistake myself for someone
    Who lives behind my eyes?
    Will he escape my soul
    Or will he live in me?
    Is he trying to get out
    Or trying to enter me?

Voices in the darkness
    Scream away my mental health
    Can I ask a question
    To help me save me from myself?

Enemies fill up the pages
    Are they me
    Monday ’till Sunday in stages
    Set me free

Copy_cat
    Participant

January 23, to February 12 Call it 3 weeks,

You are taking nothing at all ?

Can you sleep ?

Copy_cat
    Participant

I have to log out, I said it before , the withdrawal hell felt to me like a permanent condition and I believed it was permanent , but I stayed off the stuff and my wish and prayers came true, no more panic attacks.

Panic attacks were a daily part of my life for a long long time on psych meds, no more. Its over.

Eventually “it sleeps”

Where do I take this pain of mine
    I run, but it stays right my side

So tear me open, pour me out
    There’s things inside that scream and shout
    And the pain still hates me
    So hold me, until it sleeps…

http://youtu.be/7JVcbVeMnt8

Copy_cat
    Participant

Before I go, I am thinking of the time I was trying to run from “it” the intense cant-think-at-all-anxiety hell space so I checked it a hotel and got some beer thinking it was caused by my being at home looking at the same old crap but didn’t really work,

2 days later I drove way into the woods and found a place were I could just pace around and talk/yell out load and finally it passed, a few days later the 30 days was up and I got my Rx and of course was right back into chemical slavery before I fully escaped.

It sucks.

fubar65
    Participant

I want to die. I need to sleep. I can’t sleep. Please somebody help me.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  fubar65.

fubar65
    Participant

My taper was December 27th to January 23rd. After being on benzos for over 10 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEBODY KILL ME PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

fubar65
    Participant

I am on NOTHING. Please…….. What can I do, what can I take to help this nightmare ?????!!!!!! THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING……. I cannot take this !!!!!!!!!!

uprising
    Participant

Hi Fubar65,

I’m so sorry you are going through this. I’ve been in a very similar position and I know how scary it is.

You might want to check out http://survivingantidepressants.org/, and see what folks there recommend.

Sleep was the worst problem for me, too, when I was going through acute withdrawal. If I had to do it again, I might try Benadryl, taken as directed for allergies. (Here’s where I got that idea: http://www.moshersoteria.com/articles/psychotropic-drugs-and-crises/.) I would only try that in an emergency though. Not advice – just what I might do, as I’ve never had a bad reaction to Benadryl.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 102 total)

The forum ‘Psychiatric Drugs’ is closed to new topics and replies.