CALENDAR OF EVENTS
"Happy Heads" - A Mental Health Event
June 30, 2018 –
This event is for everyone and all about promoting positive mental health and open to anybody who has suffered from mental health problems, who cares for somebody who struggles or people interested in being educated in how to overcome mental health problems through a balanced lifestyle.
We aim to empower people who have suffered mental health, celebrate gifts and not labels, and educate in prevention, recovery and maintenance.
At this year’s Happy Heads event, there will be:
- Testimonies, presentations and recovery stories from individuals who have experienced mental health problems
- Various mental health charities exhibiting, such as Rethink Mental Health, Mind and many more
- An Art gallery and showcase of live painting featuring art from individuals who have found creating visual arts useful in improving mental health
- Inspirational singing and dancing performances as a release and vehicle for healing, such as flag dancing
- A pamper room for relaxing treatments from manicure to massages
- Join in a range of exercise classes to release some happy hormones
- A emotional support room for mindfulness
- Networking opportunity to meet new people and learn more about mental health and the ‘Balance Ball’
- Snacks and refreshments