The widow of Darwin Stout – who murdered their son and took his own life while taking the nicotine-cessation drug Chantix – has filed suit in Eugene, Oregon against the dentist who prescribed the drug and the hospital that discharged him. According the FDA documents, 544 suicides and 1,869 attempted suicides have been connected to Chantix in the past five years.
I GUESS WE ARE AT STEP 10 OF THE BIG PHARMA BUSINESS PLAN !!!!
How to sell Chantix:
1. Patent a dangerous chemical as a “treatment” for cigarette addiction.
2. Invent fictitious trial results that prove the drug is effective in treating cigarette addiction.
3. Bribe FDA officials into approving the drug as safe for everyone! (Even if it kills people.)
4. Submit cigarette addiction to the American Psychiatric Association for inclusion in their DSM V (the standard reference guide of psychiatric disorders).
5. Create an emotional TV ad that shows unhappy, confused people being transformed into perfect beings after they take your drug. Start with a cloudy low lighting scene then make it sunny and bright as you describe people taking your drug.
6. Issue press releases to mainstream media outlets who will run your propaganda as news with zero skepticism.
7. Bribe doctors with vacations, extravagant meals and “consulting fees” in order to get them to prescribe your drug to as many patients as possible.
8. Buy off politicians and legislators to block alternative medicine and enforce a pharmaceutical monopoly.
9. Sit back and rake in the dough while Americans go broke buying your drug to treat cigarette addiction!
10. When the lawsuits roll in from the families of dead patients, simply use a small portion of your windfall profits to settle out of court, admitting no guilt.
is that like: The Corporation as a Psychopath?
Yes its called “Pharmapath”
Pharmapath Disorder can also known as psychopathy or
sociopathy. Corporations with this Pharmapath disorder have little regard for the health welfare of others.
Other symptoms include:
no sense of responsibility
lack of moral sense
no change in behavior after punishment
Inability to admit guilt
Examples include this internal document from Eli Lilly http://web.archive.org/web/20120122013020/http://www.furiousseasons.com/zyprexa%20documents/ZY100378062.pdf
“a small price to pay for this molecule”
The warning states:
“Advise patients and caregivers that the patient should stop tak ing CHANTIX and contact a healthcare provider immediately if agitation, hostility, depressed mo od, or changes in behavior or think ing that are not typical for the patient are observed, or if the patient develops suicidal ideation or suicidal behavior while tak in g CHANTIX or shortly after discontinuing CHANTIX. (5.1 and 6.2 )”.
How the hell do I call the doctor to report “suicidal actions” if I’m dead ?????
My husband’s godson committed suicide while on Chantix.
E-cigarettes have helped several smokers I know, they switched to them and no longer smoke cigarettes. It’s still nicotine, but it doesn’t have all the toxins that tobacco smoke does. Now I keep hearing rumblings from the same doctors who push drugs like Chantrix, wanting to ban or tightly restrict e-cigs, on “safety” grounds.
I can’t imagine e-cigs being as dangerous for people as Chantrix is, and they DO help a lot of people stop smoking, and they’re less expensive to boot. But the main thing that annoys me when I see doctors write blog post after blog post wanting e-cigs banned, is that these are the same doctors who are pushing dangerous pharmaceuticals like Chantrix.
This scares me a lot. My dad is quitting smoking, and Chantix so far is helping him because he gets sick when he smells cigarette smoke etc. It’s the only thing that has worked for him so far. It’s good to be aware of the risks though, so I can be alert to them. I know that he did get upset recently, and he struggles with anger when he doesn’t smoke already but so far he seems fine.
I just talked to a woman who just got out of the hospital after being upset and cutting her wrist in the height of it. She was taking Chantix. This suicidal thinking side effect is very real.