Back to Life: The Great Escape from Tranquilliser Addiction is a book that brings together thoughts, feelings, ideas, and experiences related to the problem of involuntary tranquilliser addiction, or benzodiazepine, antidepressant, and Z-drug dependence. The book covers in detail the beginnings and current state of the problem of tranquilliser dependence as well as various withdrawal methods and concludes with a section containing over 30 tapering charts and protocols.
The author, Pam Armstrong, was a founding member of the Council for Information on Tranquillisers and Antidepressants (C.I.T.A.). She was a nurse, teacher, and sociologist who also had formal qualifications in counseling, and supported many patients in their withdrawal process from benzodiazepines.
Sections of the book include:
- What Tranquillisers Do To You
- Why You Should Withdraw
- The C.I.T.A. Withdrawal Method
- Coping With Withdrawal Symptoms
- Children and Tranquillisers
- Older People and Tranquillisers
- Tahitian Noni Juice and Benzodiazepine Withdrawal
- Tahitian Noni Juice and Antidepressant Withdrawal
- Withdrawal of ‘Z’ Drugs
The book is 119 pages. It is available free of charge as a PDF file.