The Toxic Antidepressants site was created to inform people who are taking, tapering or are currently off of antidepressants about the dangers of these medications and the possible neurological damage they may cause. The site also offers advice on how to alleviate the withdrawal symptoms and facilitate recovery.
Toxic Antidepressants provides brief, easily digestible information on a wide variety of subjects. Their “Drugs Toxicity and Medical Mainstream” section presents a brief explanation of why antidepressants are still being designed, produced, and prescribed, despite their horrendous adverse effects. The section succinctly describes factors such as pharmaceutical corruption, fictitious media portrayals, and doctors’ financial ties to Big Pharma.
Other topics covered include:
- Antidepressant withdrawal symptoms and long-term effects such as derealization, akathisia, sensory hypersensitivity, panic attacks, and autoimmune disorders
- Methods for alleviating withdrawal symptoms, including diet and exercise, physical exercise, and meditation
- Scientific studies about the adverse effects of antidepressants
- Alternative mental health treatments
- A hypothesis about why some people’s healing from antidepressants proceeds more slowly than others’
The website offers information and articles in French, Polish, Dutch, and Spanish.
Mad in America hosts blogs by a diverse group of writers. These posts are designed to serve as a public forum for a discussion—broadly speaking—of psychiatry and its treatments. The opinions expressed are the writers’ own.