I will be on Talk with Tenney Blog Talk Radio on 2 February and 9 February to talk about the Campaign to Support CRPD Absolute Prohibition of Commitment and Forced Treatment. It is being held twice at different times of day to be convenient for people in different time zones. Hope you can join one of them, and please spread the word.
*Compañeros de habla española: esta conversación será en inglés; si quieren celebrar una conversación en español por favor contáctame para arreglarla.*
Call (267) 521-0167 (+1 country code from outside US) or skype in to hear Tina Minkowitz speak about the Campaign to Support CRPD Absolute Prohibition of Commitment and Forced Treatment
CRPD = Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
* Survivors, researchers, service providers, lawyers – all welcome to write or contribute art work demonstrating support for the standards of international law prohibiting commitment and forced treatment
* Target date 29 March 2016, opening day of Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities 15th session
* Aim is to demonstrate wide range of civil society support for the absolute prohibition, to share knowledge, to strengthen all those working to put this standard into practice
* Learn how you can participate
* Learn more about the CRPD and where to find the absolute prohibition
* Share your ideas and brainstorm plans and strategies
Tuesday 2 February at 21:00 GMT/ 4pm New York/ 3pm Mexico City/ 1pm Vancouver/ 10pm Europe/ 11pm Johannesburg/ 6am Seoul and Tokyo/ 8am Melbourne
Tuesday 9 February at 8:00 GMT/ 9am Europe/ 10am Johannesburg/ 5pm Seoul and Tokyo/ 7pm Melbourne/ 3am New York/ 2am Mexico City/ 12am Vancouver
This event is designed to reach an international audience and participants should choose the time that best meets their needs. Please see http://www.
Mad in America hosts blogs by a diverse group of writers. These posts are designed to serve as a public forum for a discussion—broadly speaking—of psychiatry and its treatments. The opinions expressed are the writers’ own.